Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
I loved this movie. The special edition which came out in 2003 but which I just discovered has added over 55 minutes of new material that has enhanced the original story and given it almost a new life.
The new footage isn't distracting at all like on some other movies and looks really good and well edited. Check it out
Runtime was 3 hours and change and new stuff makes it 3 hours and 56 minutes.
Also some good making of material        
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I never understood that movie.

Of course, I never saw the whole thing, either. A few weeks ago, I was turning channels and it was already on. So I watched it for about an hour. I had to do something, so I was gone for about an hour or maybe a little more. When I turned the television on again, the movie was still going.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just spent the weekend snowmobiling with the people that made the costumes for that film.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Mary McDonnell was way hot.  Way way hot.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont recall ever watching it
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The original could have been cut by 1 hour and been a better movie just thinking about 55 more minutes makes my eyes bleed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The original could have been cut by 1 hour and been a better movie just thinking about 55 more minutes makes my eyes bleed.

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think I ever saw the entire movie, but I do remember that we used the buffalo hunt to demo the then-new Velodyne 18" subwoofers we were selling.  Quite a rumble!

Alpine
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome film.  Costners best in my opinion.  Open Range would have had it beat, except for the fanning of the 12 shot SAA during the gunfight.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top