Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 8:51:34 AM EDT
I propose the do a Aquaman movie, Man from Atlantis stunk.
Superfriends Live Action Movie would kick ass
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I propose a movie about cardboard boxes.

Oh, sure... it would be controversial, what with the militant recycling gangs and the Earth worshippers and such.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I propose a re-do of Red Dawn.
Make it edgier, more serious - not so cheesy.
The acting wasn't that cheesy, but the music sure was.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
There's long been rumor of a movie based on the old Brit TV series The Prisoner but, as with Steve McQueen (and Bullitt in particular), there's no one with the wit, sophistication and defiant personal integrity of Patrick McGoohan to play the title role.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
How about a remake of the matrix?  The original came out a few years ago.  It's probably due...  but who is cool enough to play Keanu Reeves' character???

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
TV show remakes are all the rage, how about Riptide, the movie?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I suggest Hardcastle and McCormick, Airwolf, or Manimal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
24... The Movie!! Wait a sec... that wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
In the comic book vein, I would love to see adaptations of Ironman, Captain America, The Flash, and Green Lantern.

A Groo film would be nice as well.  And Elfquest.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Lost in Space... Yeah, they did one, but it fucking blew. Make one that has the same darkness of some of the original shows. And no faggoty CGI alien-pets.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm showing my age....

I got a haircut at the mall last night by some 19 year old girl.

Normal chit chat..  she's going to school for "tourism and travel something or other"  She wants to be an activity planner on a cruise ship.

So, I say "Like Julie, on Love Boat!"  (I think it was Julie)

She says  "Love Boat?  Hmmmm...  I don't think I have seen that movie..."

So, I nominate Love Boat be made into a movie!  Don't really know why....  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm showing my age....

Normal chit chat..  she's going to school for "tourism and travel something or other"  She wants to be an activity planner on a cruise ship.

You know EXACTLY why...

So you can take the hairdresser out to it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm showing my age....

Too funny  at my last job at the hobby shop i had one of the 16 year old part timers  having a hard time geting a paintballgun tank filled  , I yelled at him to knock it off ill get it as i do not want him launching a "A-team missle" i was greeted with a blank look  noone besides me that worked there knew whom the A-team was
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
What I'd like?

1. An Aeon Flux Movie...... Thats animated and rated R. Something that stayed true to the orignial, not that bullshit movie thats out in the theaters.

2. A Dawn of the Dead (1978) type movie. The reason I love this movie so much compared to the others is that all the survivors worked together, and didn't so any dumbass shit. In all the other zombie flicks, everyone wants to agrue instead of just survive. In DOTD78, they worked together to get what they needed done, not to bicker about it. Day of the Dead was silly because Rhodes  should have gotten a burst of 9mm when he first started threating to kill people if they didn't listen.

My beef with the remake of DOTD was the asinine idea that they would go to the island. "Okay, lets leave this secured building with food, water, and shelter and go through the armies of hell to some place we know nothing about". In the original DOTD, they left the mall because they had no choice. Basically I want a zombie movie that would involve ARFCOM members, and maybe people with a basic IQ & survival mindset.

3. A realistic action movie. Have a pure action flick, but with Michael Mann directing. I want shootouts like Heat and The Way of the Gun. Have a small group of heros, no fucking guy that gets shot at by 10 badguys who all miss. Automatic fire that lasts a few seconds, and the liberal use of reloads.

Thats my request
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I propose a re-do of Red Dawn.
Make it edgier, more serious - not so cheesy.
The acting wasn't that cheesy, but the music sure was.

Not a re-do of the same movie, but just use the idea. I would love to see it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Heheh,

You cats are bitching about originality, but the only original post is about a cardboard box movie. I'm still hoping for a new Doc Savage movie.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Heheh,

You cats are bitching about originality, but the only original post is about a cardboard box movie. I'm still hoping for a new Doc Savage movie.

I'd post some "real" ideas but I'm too scared there are writers trolling message boards for ideas and mine would get stoled.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What I'd like?

3. A realistic action movie. Have a pure action flick, but with Michael Mann directing. I want shootouts like Heat and The Way of the Gun. Have a small group of heros, no fucking guy that gets shot at by 10 badguys who all miss. Automatic fire that lasts a few seconds, and the liberal use of reloads.

Thats my request

Ok I am going to give up my idea.  

A clasic story that hollylame has not yet f-d up

A modern  Ally Baba and the 40 thieves

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd like to see a Speed Racer live-action movie.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I am suprised Disney hasn't done a "Kim Possible" movie yet.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Please consider Hollywood's track record when you make recommendations for movies based on the following:

1.) Movies done 30+ years ago, without an assload of CGI;
2.) Video games;
3.) Saturday-morning cartoons your foggy memory tells you were cool;
4.) Comic books, whether mainstream or alternative;
5.) Successful movies;
6.) Popular television shows from the time of the 'Boomers.

Probably a 90% failure rate.  Original thought was murdered in Hollywood years and years ago.  You could take a single sheet of blank paper and photocopy it 87 times and there'd be more variation than in movie screenwriting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What I'd like?

1. An Aeon Flux Movie...... Thats animated and rated R. Something that stayed true to the orignial, not that bullshit movie thats out in the theaters.

2. A Dawn of the Dead (1978) type movie. The reason I love this movie so much compared to the others is that all the survivors worked together, and didn't so any dumbass shit. In all the other zombie flicks, everyone wants to agrue instead of just survive. In DOTD78, they worked together to get what they needed done, not to bicker about it. Day of the Dead was silly because Rhodes  should have gotten a burst of 9mm when he first started threating to kill people if they didn't listen.

My beef with the remake of DOTD was the asinine idea that they would go to the island. "Okay, lets leave this secured building with food, water, and shelter and go through the armies of hell to some place we know nothing about". In the original DOTD, they left the mall because they had no choice. Basically I want a zombie movie that would involve ARFCOM members, and maybe people with a basic IQ & survival mindset.

Thats my request

you have got to wait till i get my red springs in the mail and then i will be ready. it all has to wait for the red springs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#22]
How about a Stephen Hunter book made into a movie?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#23]
How about a movie version of the biblical creation. I would want it to be as psycadelic as 2001 a space oddesy, and as revrent to the material as the Passion of the Christ.

That's never been done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#24]
How about a movie about liberals taking over America from within.  They offer more in welfare than the majority of the population can make in wages/salary.  They have to keep pretending it is working, and people have to keep voting for them if they want their $70,000 a year to do nothing.  

Meanwhile, China can no longer contain capitalism.  There is a massive worker revolution, and they become a democracy with a thriving economy.

Nearly everyone in America just quits working because they can get more in welfare checks.  The people who do make more are taxed in such a way as to be sure they have the same amount left as they would if they just got their government check.

The United Nations pulls out when their building is overrun by hungry people.

China sends aid and food to the US, with best of intentions.  Rumors spread of the US "euthanising" sick and mentally handicapped.

The US rejects the aid, because they do not want to admit their is any problem with their welfare state.  Americans flee to Canada and Mexico.  The US builds fences to keep control of its population.  Finally faced with starving to death, the US military invades Canada, and then Mexico in a two-front Lightning Attack.  Tens of thousands die in a harsh Northern winter battle.
China sends aid to Mexico, having established trade with them.  China also sends troops to Canada, in order to take Washington DC.

The US is ultimately defeated, and split into North and South Americas with Mexican/Chinese advising the southern government, and Canadian/Chinese advising the Northern government.

Maybe it could star Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Red Storm Rising by Clancy would be great, by Hollywood would try to change it since the USSR doesn't exist anymore

I would really like to see Heinlein's Stanger in a Strange Land, Asimov's Foundation  or Niven's Ringworld

those would be my first choices,
provided the orignal book is followed,,,,(I know, fat chance)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'd like to see a Speed Racer live-action movie.

It was called "Driven". Very lame.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I would like to nominate 'Molon Labe' for a movie, but only if someone with independent funding and libertarian balls makes it.  

It would have to be made outside of any Hollywood influence or it will have the Meathead as director and Sean Penn and Madonna as the governor and wife.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
How about a Stephen Hunter book made into a movie?

+1

'Hot Springs' or 'Time to Hunt' would make excellent movies, with a competent director and screenwriter.  Actually, all of Hunter's books would, his writing is like an action movie.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#29]
anyone ever see "Deathhunt" ( I think that was the name of it) 1982ish with Bronson and Lee Marvin? Mounty after the bad guy, neat shootout/seige scene...taht might be good...can't computer graphic that to death...

The Big Red One...

A-Team..or...modern day...'A team of ex-Delta Force operators, accused of robbing the Iraqi National Bank in Bahgdad, escape from military custoday.  Accused of a crime they didn't commit, they roam the streets of LA attempting to clear their names, and helping those who need it along the way. If you need help, call the A-Team" theme song starts....

maybe Magnum?

Stephen Hunter movie, about Joe BOb Swagger would be cool...who'd do it? Tommy Lee Jones? Segal? Bruce Willis i don't think would be right...

come on, please be nice to me, I can't spell and I've been up most of the night and day with a 3 yr old with strep throat
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top