Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 7:47:40 PM EDT
Why are they remaking this sorry ass horror movie?

Wasn't this originally about a bunch of ghost pirates who came and attacked a town and killed the descendants of the original crew.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually love the old movie. This one will suck I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, same sorry ass story. Where's the originality? Hacks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Adrienne (.)(.) Barbeau

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Remaking it does make sense. The original has a small cult following. With a decent budget, modern special effects, and better acting, the new version looks pretty good. I hope the best parts of the new movie aren't in the trailer.

The original had decent actors, it was just a strange over the top feel to the movie, especially when Adrienne Bigboobs (Barbeau?) was telling everyone to stay out of the fog.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I like John Carpenter and his movies, including The Fog.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Adrienne (.)(.) Barbeau

Adrienne (.)(.) Barbeau

Fixed it for ya.

I remember thinking the original wasn't too bad.  It was on TV recently, caught a few minutes of it.  Funny how those movies always pop up before a remake is released, huh?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Adrienne (.)(.) Barbeau

Indeed!! (oYo)

Quoted:
Why are they remaking this sorry ass horror movie?

Wasn't this originally about a bunch of ghost pirates who came and attacked a town and killed the descendants of the original crew.

The centennial of the small town of Antonio Bay, California has finally arrived. However, the events of 100 years ago are about to come back to haunt the town, because a conspiracy of the town's founders resulted in the deaths of several lepers in a shipwreck. The conspirators had planned to lure the lepers' ship towards the rocks so that it would sink, and they could recover the cargo of gold and use it to pay for building the town. The sinister plot succeeded when a fog rolled in, blinding the crew, and forcing them to follow the false fire on shore. Now the ghosts of the Elizabeth Dane's crew are back - and so is the fog that led them to their doom. Only now, it conceals and protects the ghosts of the crew, as they seek their revenge on the residents of Antonio Bay...

Not pirates.
John Carpenter movies are awesome. None better than The Thing though... even it was a remake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top