Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 9:13:17 AM EDT
My son's friend brought this over the weekend and I and my son watched it the other night.  I can see it being a kid's movie, but what the heck was VD thinking when he signed up for this?  If there was a "kid/good guy/bad guy/buddy cliche that could have been used, they used it to poor effect.

The last 10 minutes were excruciating with the flaming/acid/blade/whatever "vault", the sappy "goodbye" and particularly, the play the boy had to star in.

Damn glad I didn't buy this turd.

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
he lost all his man points, past and future on that flick
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Hulk Hogan suffer a similar fate in Mr Nanny?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I know what Vin Diesel was thinking.  It involved a number followed by a bunch of zeros
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know what Vin Diesel was thinking.  It involved a number followed by a bunch of zeros

+1
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I suspect you're right.  I hope it was a lot, my guess is that his marketability  has gone down.  But WTF do I know about the movie bidness.

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think it was a bad move for Vin. He had made 2 or 3 shit movies in a row, he tried something different. It worked, the movie made excellent money. That being said, I lasted through 30 minutes of it with my nephew.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suspect you're right.  I hope it was a lot, my guess is that his marketability  has gone down.  But WTF do I know about the movie bidness.

Merlin

Box Office Gross of over $100,000,000.

That's nothing to sneeze at.
Need a Kleenex®?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Didn't Hulk Hogan suffer a similar fate in Mr Nanny?  

Mmmm, yeah. Because Hulk Hogan's film career was burnin hot prior to Mr. Nanny with box office hits like Suburban Commando and No Holds Barred.

I'm not too sure comparing Hulk Hogan and Vin Diesel's film choices is a very balanced arguement.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Better than XXX. XXX sucked!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

One of those movies I imagine not even having a "writer" but just a bunch of Evolution Studio execs sitting arounf a board room table trying to piece together what they think would be the coolest action movie ever.

"Oh, yeah, and then we'll have Sam Jackson with this scarred up face"
"Oh cool, and how about a submarine nuclear missile with a hydrofoil. Yeah. Sweet!!"

There aren't quite enough words to describe how dumb xXx was... and even less to describe why they should never have bothered making a sequel.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of those movies I imagine not even having a "writer" but just a bunch of Evolution Studio execs sitting arounf a board room table trying to piece together what they think would be the coolest action movie ever.

"Oh, yeah, and then we'll have Sam Jackson with this scarred up face"
"Oh cool, and how about a submarine nuclear missile with a hydrofoil. Yeah. Sweet!!"

There aren't quite enough words to describe how dumb xXx was... and even less to describe why they should never have bothered making a sequel.

and star Ice Cube
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#15]
wtf...I somehow posted three times
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hell, I enjoyed it.  Watched it a couple weeks ago with my wife and our 10-year old niece.  Kind of reminded me of Kindergarten Cop.  I don't have to watch Black Hawk Down or We Were Soldiers every night to be entertained.  

blasphemy
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I sentance you to 20 viewings of Red Dawn for therapeutic rehabilitation.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sentance you to 20 viewings of Red Dawn for therapeutic rehabilitation.

BTW, I think your keyboard's FCG is worn.  You are doubling and tripling all over the place.  

I know!  What gives!  You should hear me over here.....I'm swearing up a storm!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.bham.rr.com/icare/worthless-without-audio.gif

My secretary keeps looking around the corner of her desk at me wondering why I'm cussing and grumbling.....

I looked at her and said...."This fuggin' computer keeps draggin' ass.  I'm trying to put together a cost estimate here! This piece o' shit's gonna become a doorstop here in about two keystrokes, if I don't put my hand through it first!"

She calmly said "Don't worry, Friday's almost over!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top