Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 1:26:36 PM EDT
I just finished watching Lord of War.  It was interesting to say the least.  I won't give it away but lets just say is was not quite what I was expecting.  It was more a story about a gun runners life.  Although the story revolved around guns, the movie had sort of a negative overtone about them.  Interesting enough I found myself walking out of the theater thinking that maybe there are in fact too many guns in the world.  

Now don't get me wrong, I love guns just as much as anyone else on this site, but I have to ask myself is there too many guns in this world?  I am not implying that the USA has too many, but the rest of the world.  I have to ask . . . . . what would third world countries be like without guns to perform genocide?

My definition of a good movie:

Guns->check
T&A->check (not abundant but good quality)
Made me think->check
About pissed my pants because I didn't want to miss anything->check

What do you think?  Anyone else watched this movie yet?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I'll ever be seen viewing this blatant anti-gun propoganda piece.

Nope.  Never.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Interesting enough I found myself walking out of the theater thinking that maybe there are in fact too many guns in the world.  

Now don't get me wrong, I love guns just as much as anyone else on this site, but I have to ask myself is there too many guns in this world?  I am not implying that the USA has too many, but the rest of the world.  I have to ask . . . . . what would third world countries be like without guns to perform genocide?

Rebecca Peter's wet dream. If it had this effect on one of us, just imagine what kind of effect it'll have on Joe Sixpack. And don't tell me it's just a movie. People nowadays get most of their opinions and "information" from movies and TV.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just finished watching Lord of Wars.  It was interesting to say the least.  I won't give it away but lets just say is was not quite what I was expecting.  It was more a story about a gun runners life.  Although the story revolved around guns, the movie had sort of a negative overtone about them.  Interesting enough I found myself walking out of the theater thinking that maybe there are in fact too many guns in the world.  

Guns->check
Made me think->check

Sounds like you got brainwashed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
FOR FUCK'S SAKE IT'S CALLED LORD OF WAR. NOT LORD OF WARS. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
"Too many guns"?  What number would be enough or just right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
It is Anti Gun, and I wont watch it
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Gee.. sounds like a left politician's stance - WE don't have too many guns, but THEY do, so lets take em.

"too many guns in the world" what bull.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This movie looks like a big, freshly-stoofed-off steaming pile of propaganda malarkey.

Speaking of stoofage, I've never liked Nicholas Cage, either.

Combine the two, and I will go out of my way to avoid seeing this liberal claptrap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just finished watching Lord of Wars.  It was interesting to say the least.  I won't give it away but lets just say is was not quite what I was expecting.  It was more a story about a gun runners life.  Although the story revolved around guns, the movie had sort of a negative overtone about them.  Interesting enough I found myself walking out of the theater thinking that maybe there are in fact too many guns in the world.  

Guns->check
Made me think->check

well they used machetes in Rwanda, killed 800,00 with them in a matter of months. It's not a gun that kills, it's a hard heart.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
FOR FUCK'S SAKE IT'S CALLED LORD OF WAR. NOT LORD OF WARS. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Hey I have an idea.  Why don't you yell and cuss at someone else.  Because I don't appreciate it.  And it is changed for roboman  who types 100% perfect all the time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't give that brainwashed crap just because I am intelligent enough to think about the other side of an issue.  Some small minded people can not think outside of their little space.  I have been all over the world and seen what firearms in the hands of animals can do.  If some people on this forum removed themselves from behind their keyboards occasionally they might have a clue.  I just love staunch "this and that" people; people who can't see past their ass on any issue.  The world is a huge place with huge problems.  My rights in this country to own many firearms have nothing to do with animals in some other country having firearms.

That was my take on the movie, just an opinion.  Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one.

It is amazing how fast people form opinions about things they personally know nothing about.  I am looking for opinions from people who actually viewed the film.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is Anti Gun, and I wont watch it

i'm with you on that
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I am downloading a screener rip of this, because i wnat to see the firearms, but have no wish to give those fucking antis any of my money.

As for the question as to whether there are too many firearms in the World?  Hell No!

I don't even own 1/10,000th of the firearms I want to own, and I know most of Arfcom is probably in similar situations, so that means there are not enough firearms on th eplanet for just us, let alone everyone else who only wants to own 60 or 70 rifles.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#14]
How the hell do any of you know that it is anti gun?  Amazing!  Have you seen it?

It is amazing how impressionable people are.  Hey I also think that everyone should send me one of their best firearms.  Based on the responses from this post I expect my FFL to be very busy.

Amazing, people never cease to amaze me!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just finished watching Lord of War.  It was interesting to say the least.  I won't give it away but lets just say is was not quite what I was expecting.  It was more a story about a gun runners life.  Although the story revolved around guns, the movie had sort of a negative overtone about them.  Interesting enough I found myself walking out of the theater thinking that maybe there are in fact too many guns in the world.  

Guns->check
Made me think->check

In Rwanda they used machetes and clubs.
In Germany they told people they were getting a shower.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#16]
i watch antigun movies and listen to antiwar music....so fuckin what half the time there still good and it doesnt change my stance on anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't even own 1/10,000th of the firearms I want to own, and I know most of Arfcom is probably in similar situations, so that means there are not enough firearms on th eplanet for just us, let alone everyone else who only wants to own 60 or 70 rifles.....

You are right, I don't own half the guns I want, however what does our rights in the USA have to do with some animal in any god forsaken place with having a gun?  Nothing, nothing at all!  Can you buy an AK for $5?  If you can, please by all means let me know where.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw it last night.  It didn't strike me as particularly anti-gun, maybe more anti-war, anti-crooked politicians, and anti-corrupt governments.  Just my opinion.  It was nowhere near as good as the previews made it seem.  The movie was a little slow at times, had a few funny moments, and had a few cool effects.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Too many guns? Nonsense. There are, in fact, not enough guns...certainly there are not enough in the right hands.

If only we had the option to choose who has the guns.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too many guns? Nonsense. There are, in fact, not enough guns...certainly there are not enough in the right hands.

So you are for confiscation and control… an elitists that only believes only those who he decides are worthy should be able to protect themselves.

Quoted:
I have to ask . . . . . what would third world countries be like without guns to perform genocide?

That is just nonsense… you ought to ask instead.

What would third world countries be like if the people that needed guns had them and were able to defend themselves against those committing genocide?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you are for confiscation and control… an elitists that only believes only those who he decides are worthy should be able to protect themselves.

None of the above, I am for never giving guns to animals in the first place.  I suspose you are for allowing murders and violent criminals the right to have guns.

Quoted:
I have to ask . . . . . what would third world countries be like without guns to perform genocide?

That is just nonsense… you ought to ask instead.

What would third world countries be like if the people that needed guns had them and were able to defend themselves against those committing genocide?

You are right about that.  The only problem is that the victims do not have the means to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#23]

http://elitetacticalsources.com/prodimages/Cold%20Steel/97PM.jpeg

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#24]
It AINT the guns!!!! Its the bastard WITH them in those hell hole nation. STOP blaming INANIMATE objects its the PEOPLE, people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top