Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 5:57:58 PM EDT
Didn't pick up on this show last year.  Heard the buzz, but by then it was too late to start watching.

Got the first disc of Season 1 today from Blockbuster, watched the first half of the pilot.

WOW!

I expected the usual stranded on a tropical island fare.  Gilligans Planecrash.

Didn't get anything like I expected.  Very gripping.  I don't know why, but ABC shows always seem to have that little edge to them.  This show is no different.

This just isn't your normal TV show.  It has a feel about it, and I've just seen one hour of it.

Now I face a dilemma.  Do I just wait to get the other discs from Bb and watch them at my leisure or buy the DVD set?  This is compounded since season 2 starts next week.  I'd like to watch it from the start.  But watching DVD is quite appealing since I don't have to deal with commercials.

Count me among those hooked on Lost.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good show and very compelling to keep you watching.  But I can tell already there is no resolution or masterplan or explanation for all the weird shit the survivors go through.  It is all ad hoc with the writers throwing out red herring and red herring after another to keep the show going.

Trust me, this will all end up like Twin Peaks.  This show LOSES money for ABC because the production costs are so high.  It'll eventually be cancelled because of that, but the fans will demand a movie which'll be made, just like Twin Peaks.  Nothing will be resolved, like Twin Peaks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top