Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:53:11 PM EDT
What's the deal with this movie? Saw it in Walmart. Stars Bruce Campbell, which we all know is "the man".
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Its boring as hell.  Want my copy?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I laughed my ass off.

Elvis and JFK fighting a damned redneck mummy.  That's comedic gold in the same vein as Ovaltine right there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Take his copy. It's not worth owning, but it is worth watching once. kinda slow but very wierd.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It is funny. Worth a rent.
I also liked the director's commentary, where they got the 'real' elvis to come in and watch it and make comments about bruce campbells portrayal of him.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I laughed my ass off.

Elvis and JFK fighting a damned redneck mummy.  That's comedic gold in the same vein as Ovaltine right there.

Why does THAT not suprise me?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It's an OK movie, didn't live up to my expectations though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I laughed my ass off.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I laughed quite a bit, not something I'd buy though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
First, I am a BIIIIIIIG Bruce Campbell fan from waaay back (Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, etc..).  I was excited about Bubba HoTep when I first heard about it.  Then I saw it. Lets just say that I was very disappointed.  Boring, confusing and overly silly...yeah, I know what did I expect!  But I like strange movies and can (and have!) watched some stinkers al the way thru.  I had a difficult time with this one.  Only continued as it was Bruce Campbell, for God's sake!

Maybe rent it or borrow a copy for a one time viewing. Maybe you'll like it.  I didn't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
It was fun, not great, not his greatest.  The blonde granddaughter was smoking.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
As much as I like Bruce Campbell he is in some pretty fvcking stupid movies. His only realy claim to fame is the Evil Dead trilogy and the cameos he does... and maybe his role in Xena on a good day.

He's not a terrible actor, he just ends up in terrible movies with terrible supporting actors.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I laughed my ass off.

I was explainign this movie to some co-workers it was pretty funny the look on their faces
I was saying it is a bout elvis and JFK except JFK is black and in a wheelchair, they are fighting a mummy that dresses like a cowboy that sucks out peoples souls from their ass
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Good stuff, Bruce Campbell rocks.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll take a copy if someone wants to get rid of one, I have been wanting to see it ever since I first heard of it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top