Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 6:39:50 PM EDT
American Me, Edward Olmos, life story of a gang member, his life, and death.  

My roommate loaned me the DVD for American Me.  Wow.  This is a good movie.  Sad, but a good movie.  This is one of the most well made movies that I have ever seen.    

I don't know many gang members, just a few people at school that got out.  Makes me very thankful I wasn't born into that sort of existance.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
wow that went over like a fart in church.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding movie, directed by Olmos. Touching and tragic, with the absolute ring of truth.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I clicked on this thread thinking it said Amerircan Pie, but either way, both good movies...

Digital
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a fart in church; it's a movie that makes average people uncomfortable because they don't want to deal with society's underbelly, which IMHO, this movie deals with.  

It depicts a way of life in America that is foreign to most Americans.  It is a sad, but relevant movie; scary in a way...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Very good movie. A keeper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I never have seen it.

I like Olmos and have wondered about it for years. Guess I'll have to see if the video store has it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top