Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:54:16 PM EDT
Any of you guys seen it yet? Is it showing there already? I've seen it and wanted to get your take on the movie.

I don't want to comment yet as i would not want to spoil anything for those who have not seen it yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok. Since there are no comments .... I assume it's still not shown there .... will wait for the next zombie thread before i make my comments.

But I will give spoilers if requested ....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
It came and went. The handful of people in the entire country who went to see it didn't sound too impressed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Land of the Dead - Movie Review

My embarassing Land of the Dead experience.

Land of the Dead

Land of the Dead reviews???

Land of the Dead: Anti-American Theme? - Spoiler Warning

How many land of the dead topics do we need?!?!

So 1% of you say Land Of The Dead...............

Land of the Dead - review

Next time I'm charging you the price of a membership to do a simple search to find this and about a half dozen other threads. Membership has t's privileges... consider shelling out the lettuce and getting one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It sucked. It's more of a "social commentary" that also just happens to have some zombies roaming about. It'll be one of the few zombie flicks that I will be sure NOT to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Land of the Dead - Movie Review

My embarassing Land of the Dead experience.

Land of the Dead

Land of the Dead reviews???

Land of the Dead: Anti-American Theme? - Spoiler Warning

How many land of the dead topics do we need?!?!

So 1% of you say Land Of The Dead...............

Land of the Dead - review

Next time I'm charging you the price of a membership to do a simple search to find this and about a half dozen other threads. Membership has t's privileges... consider shelling out the lettuce and getting one.

You ask me to do a "simple search" yet you acknowledge the fact that I, being a non-team member, cannot avail of the more comprehensive "search" function available to team members only!

I do not mind at all "shelling out the lettuce and getting one". Just point me the way where they will accept Mastercard, Visa or Amexco. I do not have a paypal account and am not comfortable using one. PLUS the fact that I do not know how i can complete the "purchase" of membership form when the same only provides for "sales" in the US and Canada.

Anyhow ... thanks for the links.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank's Womabat and Zardoz for the info.

I pretty much share your sentiments on the movie. It sucked. Was very disappointed with it too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You ask me to do a "simple search" yet you acknowledge the fact that I, being a non-team member, cannot avail of the more comprehensive "search" function available to team members only!

Anyhow ... thanks for the links.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't asking you to do a search next time... I was saying I would "charge you" for me to do the search for you since you're not a member. I'm sure you could work something out with the site owners with your card... or you could go to your local post office and buy a money order with your card and send the money order with your form to the site.

You're welcome for the links. Hope they helped.

I thought the movie was a major letdown. Dawn of the Dead still stands out as the best one of the bunch. I think the "social" message was al ot more unintentional or subtle than this one which was grossly contrived.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top