Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 6:21:18 PM EDT

Actor:

Either Val Kilmer, or Clive Owen.  Both tough guys with several memorable roles between them.

Actress:

I have a new flavor every week or so.  Currently I like Scarlett Johanssen.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say Edward Norton for sheer acting skill and Bridget Moynahan for looks with Dakota Fanning tied, but for skill instead - that kid has done some amazing work for being 9 or 10.

These answers could be liable to change at any given moment since I appreciate so many different actors for many different reasons. The favorite actress for looks changes about every second. Hell, I was tempted to put three different names in there since I typed it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
For male actor, how about Gary Oldman for Leon and The Fifth Element.

Actress is more tricky, as it usually comes down to 'Would I hit it?'

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about favorites, but Tom Hanks seems to disappear into his character pretty well, meaning, you don't see the same guy in every film.

Jodie Foster does the same.  

As much as he is a complete dickhead liberal who should shut up and act, Martin Sheen is a damn fine actor as well.

Kevin Spacey is incredible as an actor.  

I would proabably watch any movie that has Pam Anderson, and not for her acting ability.

For campy movies, Bill Paxton is great.  (Well put her in charge!)

As mentioned Val Kilmer has some range too.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Bob Deniro.  IMHO one reason Heat was so good was because Robert and Al got to play opposing characters.  How does it get any better?

Actress? hell I dunno.   Who ever whips Jane Fonda's ass in a catfight first I guess.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Actor is easy for me: Clint Eastwood, my favorite alltime badass, liked pretty much every movie he has ever made except paint your wagon, bridges of madison county, and a few of his latest flicks, but hell that is very few bad films out of the shitloads of killer ones he was in. Actress is hard to say, I don't get all hyped up over and particuliar chick, since most of the famous actresses star in movies I couldn't give two shits about, guess I pretty much just like all the hot ones
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Politics aside and just going on how much I enjoy watching them perform in a role...

Probably a tie between DeNiro and Pacino. There are a lot of others I like to watch though.

Actress... definitely harder. I'm liking Kate Beckinsale, though she hasn't done much worthy of praise yet. Cate Blanchett is pretty good. Meryl Streep isn't bad. She's certainly done a lot of good roles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like Jack Nicolson, Gene Hackman and Denzil Washington.  I can't think of 3 women who even remotely compare to these men.  

Patty
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Actor:  Tie between Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro

Actress:  Tie between  Meryl Streep  and Kate Hepburn

2nd tier

Bogart, Jack Lemmon, Jimmy Stewart

Bette Davis,  Ingrid Bergman

3rd tier

The Duke, Carey Grant, Jack Nickelson (sp)

Glenn Close, Liz Taylor

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Christian Bale

Always good and always in interesting movies..

Don't have a favorite actress
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Working steadily today?  I think John Malkovich is pretty good, although I only took note of him after he was smart enough to take a role opposite Clint, a huge favorite.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Actor - Tom Selleck, haven't ever seen him in a bad role. DeNiro a close 2nd.

Actress - Kate Beckinsale
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Christian Bale is an awesome actor,  if anyone hasn't seen the Machinist go rent it.

Oh, and Sara McAdams is so fine, mmm mm mmm.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Let's see:
Johnny Depp, Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Steve Railsback, Adrian Paul <<Sigh>>

Susan Sarandon (her politics may not mirror mine, but she pulls the best material outta the script and claims it as her own), Meryl Streep, Demi Moore, Kim Cattrall, Kate Mulgrew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top