Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 12:40:28 PM EDT

This is one weird film - although since it is directed by David Lynch, that isn't surprising.

I still can't figure out what this one is actually about.  Extended dream sequence?  Multiple personalities?  Is Naomi Watt's character (in the beginning, at least) a ghost returning to haunt Camilla?

Seriously, I have no idea what is going on in this movie.  Only the lesbian scenes made any sense.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Not a chance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
It was all a guilty dream Naomi Watts' character had after having killed Laura Harring's character in a fit of frustrated jealousy. It starts with her drifting off to sleep with all those innocent images and then clarifies and becomes more horrifying as she starts waking up.

At least that's the basic premise, aside from the usual unexplained Lynchian weirdness.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I aside from the usual unexplained Lynchian weirdness.

My thoughts exactly. The wife loves him, I can't figure him out. One day I need to bust it out again and see if I can decipher it.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I aside from the usual unexplained Lynchian weirdness.

My thoughts exactly. The wife loves him, I can't figure him out. One day I need to bust it out again and see if I can decipher it.

Bomber

I found the movie easier to decipher on the second viewing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top