Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Dooood, check it out!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ok.. changed it to jarhead.. =p
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You know what you might get to see in that movie.......
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
F yeah
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Swofford is a crying little bitch who badmouths my Marine Corps. Fuck him and his nasty ass movie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the suck.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Read about 40% of the book.
Then I had to stop to prevent myself from committing suicide.
*π^2^(6^6^6)²

There is no way I’m going to see the movie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are they always in Quicktime
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.apple.com/trailers/universal/jarhead/large.html

If it's from the guy who made American Beauty, it's probably gonna suck and will probably piss off soldiers in general and the USMC in particular.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Visuals look pretty nice, but you really dont get a feel for what the movie is about.. If anything.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Swofford is a crying little bitch who badmouths my Marine Corps. Fuck him and his nasty ass movie.

+1
Used my copy of the book to start a campfire. No need to waste good paper.
CH
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.apple.com/trailers/universal/jarhead/large.html

If it's from the guy who made American Beauty, it's probably gonna suck and will probably piss off soldiers in general and the USMC in particular.

Well let's see. The guy they got playing General Boomer or whoever that high ranking Marine was in the trailer is the same Hollywood actor who portrayed a retired Marine Colonel as a closeted homosexual in American Beauty.

Doesn't take much to figure this one out. I won't be seeing it. Reading what I did of the book was mistake enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I think a lot of people may be unpleasantly surprised coming out of this movie.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I will go see it, may not like it but what the Hell.

Fellow Marines know when it is B.S. and when it is real.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I really dont care. I wont support it with my money as the book was a big POS and did nothing short of insult the Marine Corp the Military as a whole.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Have you read the book?
If not I suggest trying ot before seeing the movie. Supporting the movie after reading it may not seem like a such a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really dont care. I wont support it with my money as the book was a big POS and did nothing short of insult the Marine Corp the Military as a whole.

That's what I mean, man.  You don't get a sense of what the book's really about from that trailer.  So I think a lot of pro-military type guys who want to see a war movie will instead see the grim, nihilistic picture of the Marines Swofford depicted in his book, and feel they were baited-and-switched.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you read the book?
If not I suggest trying ot before seeing the movie. Supporting the movie after reading it may not seem like a such a good idea.

Negative, but from the review it sounds like it has no Head Call properties.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Rap music sucks, so I will never watch it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#21]
So, for those of you who have read the book, what is it about? Can you give me a short synopsis please? If you don't want to put any spoilers here, tehn IM me the storyline.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Used my copy of the book to start a campfire. No need to waste good paper.
CH

+2.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#23]
isnt this the movie with the WWE guy in it ........John Cena
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I mean, man.  You don't get a sense of what the book's really about from that trailer.  So I think a lot of pro-military type guys who want to see a war movie will instead see the grim, nihilistic picture of the Marines Swofford depicted in his book, and feel they were baited-and-switched.

Agreed. Sorry I just to fast and misread it. That fucking puke strikes a cord with me.
CH
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Read about 40% of the book.
Then I had to stop to prevent myself from committing suicide.
*π^2^(6^6^6)²

There is no way I’m going to see the movie.

Same here. I was too pissed off to finish it. I took it back to the library the next day, and (I worked at a bookstore at the time) persuaded others to NOT buy it.

ETA: When are they gonna do a bio-pic about Chesty Puller? Or have I missed that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top