Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 2:10:56 PM EDT
The whole DVD quality burn of the movie to be released Sept 27th has been leaked on the net (most of them have now been removed)

So, how many of you have watched it?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Think a post with links was up a few days ago.

I'm not a fan of the show anyway.  I might get excited about a Futurama movie though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
making a movie will ruin the TV show
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan, so I am going to wait.  A guy at the video store offered it to me yesterday.  All my movies are paid for, anyhow.

+1 on the Futurama movie.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd go see the movie.

and a futurama movie too.

and a robot chicken movie...

and a ATHF movie....

it would be better than 90% of all the current movies out now..
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

no it won't

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw the movie.

It was ok. Kind of like an extended lenght mediocre episode where they drop the f-bomb a couple of times. I've seen regular episodes that were farm more entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'd go see the movie.

and a futurama movie too.

and a robot chicken movie...

and a ATHF movie....

it would be better than 90% of all the current movies out now..

++
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a movie?

I thought it was a straight to DVD release, that I happened to download off the internet.

Oh well, it was a good movie either way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
That show is great, favorite by far was the time Brian the Dog became a Coke Head, I think they pulled every stereo-type in the book out in that one. It almost rivals the episode of King of the Hill when Hank got all the bass addicted to crack with his special bait
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't heard about it, but I'd probably go see it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There is nothing to ruin.... that show fucking blows!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is nothing to ruin.... that show fucking blows!

i used to think that.  but after borrowing the season dvds from a friend and watching starting from season 1, i enjoyed them more and more.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]
So does anybody have a link to the download that works?

I will probably get the DVD but I cannot wait
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I loved this show.  I was really excited when they brought it back to Fox.  Then, the very first episode they had to bash Gibson and Passion.  It went way over the edge.  Haven't watched it sense.

Still like Stweie, though.  

[stewie]One day you will all bow before me![/stewie]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#16]
There are two shows called "Family Guy".  Here's a hint, the good one was canceled.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There are two shows called "Family Guy".  Here's a hint, the good one was canceled.

I really haven't watched another episode since the first "re-premier"...  if you want to call it that.  Did it go down hill?

I hate it when something good goes to crap.  I was so excited when the show was coming back.  I really made a special point to watch it...  made sure dinner was done, had a fresh beverage ready... and then thirty minutes of  "Jesus was stupid.  Mel Gibson is a lunatic.  Ha-ha-ha"  Boy, was that humor at its finest.  Everytime I like something, it winds up turing into something else.

I blame Democrats.  

ETA: To keep on topic, no I did not download the movie.  I also will not be seeing it legitamately.  I'm not boycotting it or anything, I just think the show moved towards humor that was in really poor taste, so I have no desire to see it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#18]
The new "Family Guy" actually has a longer, official title: The Unholy Zombified Second Coming of Family Guy.

Two big problems with the new show:

1) It got more political.  It was not really political before.

2) They keep rehashing the funny moments from the first series, as if to say "hey, you remember how funny this show used to be?" I don't watch the new show often, but they've made several references to one-off jokes from the first series, including the infamous "evil monkey" and the greased-up deaf guy.  While those moments were funny, they were funny because they were unexpected and off-the-wall.  Repeating it over and over again doesn't work, and just looks sad, like they can't think of anything new.

All in all, I was really excited about it, till I saw it.  Old Family Guy is good but the new incarnation is just tired and unoriginal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top