Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:07:31 PM EDT
Kickass movie. I really liked it. I am not sure if it was 100% accurate but it was good. Best movie I have seen in a long time.

Anyone else seen it? I do not want to talk about it in fear of ruining a great movie for someone.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
good movie, but downfall is the best WW2 movie recently.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I just saw 'The Great Raid' and it was pretty good. Not great. But it was kickass and well done.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was well done. Downfall?!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought it was well done. Downfall?!

great movie, it is in video stores now......german flick about the last days of hitler
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I will have to check that out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
jesus christ, what a huge steamin' pile o' crap this flick was!!! 2hrs of melodrama and bad acting to see 15 minutes of good (and true to the real thing) action!!! this IS cabanatuan...

there are NO boobies in this flick. when the japanese "military police" torture the beautiful blonde spy in manila, they don't even strip her down to her slip, let alone bra and panties or naked. and (THIS IS NOT A SPOILER BUT A CLARIFICATION!!!) she had a passport from a nonbelligerent nation, that's why she was able to operate in the hospital and steal drugs to smuggle to the pow's. when the movie first starts you find out this gorgeous blonde, who's a frigging foot taller than 99% of the entire country, is the widow of an american officer yet she seems to operate with impunity in manila, right under the noses of the japanese military govt. it's not til they're 3/4 of the way through that you find out she's travelling on a latvian passport...

this movie musta had a pretty low budget cuz they pulled a john woo and used one twin engine plane and two fighters flying in the same frigging formation in the entire film. except for the twin engine, that flew by itself when it flew over the camp.

you felt absolutely nothing for the rangers cuz there was no build up to their formation or training. the ltcol who led them terrorized them and beat them into a formidable fighting force, he made them do crazy shit in training that they only did cuz he went first. none of this bonding was shown. benjamin bratt looked like he was trying to imitate r. lee ermy in the camp...and for some reason they left out the part where he asked every man in the unit to swear an oath to god to rescue the pows or die trying...maybe too much god for hollyweird? i dunno, i thought it would have made a good scene.

and wtf was it with that model pretty pow??? i swear to god this guy had blonde highlights in his perfectly mussed hair and full pouty lips! i figgered he MUST have been playing the camp "girlfriend"!!!

man, there was so much bad about this movie. but the action, the actual attack on the camp appeared to mirror almost exactly the accounts of the rangers. it was pretty neat to see the saving private ryan effects of a .30-06 round on the human body, too. no neat little holes but big chunks and pink mist flying into the air.

i dunno, if it was me, i'da waited to rent this from net flix. i wouldn't buy the dvd and i sure as hell wouldn't have paid the $20+ to see it at the movies...oh well, perhaps i'll be able to save someone else the misery...i'm pretty sure several people walked out of the theater.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Dupe, and shorter than the other active thread.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top