Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:03:43 PM EDT
I had a quick scan through the topics here and could not see a reference to this film so I'm sorry if it's a dupe...even so I'd like some views

I saw this yesterday and It is released here in the UK next week so I assume it has already been released over there in the US.

What do you guys think of it?

I was quite moved...the racial card has been played in movies before but this was not so much about racism but more about personal fears IMHO and our reactions to threats or percieved threats

Even if we take away the subject matter, the film has been very well thought out...

Even if Taranttino directed it along the same lines with more claret the effect of the films construction keeps you on the edge of your seat

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm
Is this old news for you guys and should I just repost this in the UK forum?

Or did I say/do summat wrong?

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Crash got great reviews on theatre release here but it's not out on DVD yet. Since they started showing 20 minutes of frickin' commercials BEFORE the feature I stopped going out to movies. My sound system's better than most pocket theatres anyway and a DVD rental is 1/4 the price of a ticket, so screw 'em.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Did it do well in the cinema then?
I'm surprised it did not provoke a few discussions

Taffy
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
technically this thread is a dupe of your thread... but the other one has had more traffic.

I'll give this one my review though:

This movie was amazing. The karmic element of this movie was pretty constant. Along with penitence.

It has the mild feel of reverse racism that American History X had, where you finally start to see the idiocy of racism and then BAM... one of the characters does some stupid shit to make you think another way.

I would recommend this movie to anyone. One of the most powerful scenes was definitely the "latino" guy's daughter and her "impenetrable cloak".

Definitely a thought provoking movie. Not to mention an amazing cast. I'll probably watch this one again before sending it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top