Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:02:13 AM EDT
It's out on DVD tommorrow.  If you like any Stephen Chow movies (Shaolin Soccer), or can sit through most of a Jackie Chan movie, give it a shot.  It's a great blend of Kung Fu action and Loony Tunes comedy.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it as good as Kung-pow?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Is that even possible?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

WORST   FILM   EVER
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked Kung-Pow, but Kung Fu Hustle was better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I enjoyed Kung Pow, but only once.  Kung Fu Hustle is great, I've seen it about 10 times (had a friends Hong Kong DVD for a few months).  It's what Shaolin Soccer (not the US version, they cut and retranslated that alot) wanted to be.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally caught it last night.  It really wasn't what I expected.  For some reason I took the adverts to be more of a goof-ball comedy (hence my Kung Pow question), but it was really a kung fu movie with some comedic elements.
I would give it a thumbs up, but I probably would not watch it again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I would highly recommend it for anybody looking for a good hearty laugh!

Other Hong Kong made movies that you guys should check out are Shaolin Soccer (comedy, from the same person who made Kung Fu Hustle) and So Close (girl power - kick ass flick).
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
watched it last night.  It was good for a chuckle or two, with some jackie chan type fights.

Not bad, I'll watch it again before I return the dvd.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Watched it last night, had some good humor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome flick.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife and I watched Kung Fu Hustle last night.  We hated Kung Pow, but we really enjoyed Kung Fu Hustle.  Very different movies.

Alpine
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Just saw it a few days ago.  It's now one of my alltime favorite movies - one of the best martial arts/special effects movies I've seen, and one of the funniest.  My throat went raw from laughing so damn hard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top