Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 11:09:11 PM EDT
One of the best revenge/redemption movies ever?

"A man can be an artist at anything...Creasy's art is death...He's about to paint his masterpiece.."

"Do you think God will forgive us for what we've done? ... No."

Discuss....

(Discussion of the original book welcome..)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
awesome movie and good soundtrack too
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree about the ending. Would have been better if it turned into a gun battle. Awesome movie though. I picked it up last week on DVD so it's in the collection.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]

I think they could of found a more convincing actor then Denzel.

Are you kidding? He is one of the best actors, a true genius. Who would have been better in this role?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
needed a better ending -- like Denzel gradually beginnig to grin as they drive away know ing that HE has a IED Stuck up his anus just waiting for that last cell phone call so he can blow up his last enemies!
BOOOM YAH!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
needed a better ending -- like Denzel gradually beginnig to grin as they drive away know ing that HE has a IED Stuck up his anus just waiting for that last cell phone call so he can blow up his last enemies!
BOOOM YAH!

Buy the special edition DVD, that was the intended ending for the movie, but they changed it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Even though an explosive or action-packed ending may have had a high entertainment value, I think the ending fit very well.

He was already dying from his wounds from the kidnapping attempt, so he set off to get the guys who took her. When he found out she was still alive, rescuing her became more important. He had decided to give his life to avenge her and ended up giving his life to rescue her.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BOOOM YAH!

Buy the special edition DVD, that was the intended ending for the movie, but they changed it.

This is really the way to go.

As has been mentioned, there is an alternate ending, which I might add, kicks ass.  Much better ending to the movie and more fitting over all.  

In most cases the alternate ending are not worth watching, but in the case of "Man on Fire", they really messed up not using the Alternate
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought it was a good movie, but I wasn't overly fond of the ending, either.
Now I'm curious about the alternate ending...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ending sucked.
I can't understand when somebody goes out to cause havoc but doesn't bother to wear a simple Level III vest.
Little slow in the beginning.

He didn't know she was still alive until after he was shot.    Prior to that, he had no reason to live, and only cared about killing a few more bad guys before he got his ticket punched.  I believe he wanted to die, as the last good thing in his life was taken away, because he couldn't protect her.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Who better?

Denzel was quite good and the remake (yes, it's a remake) is well-made and compelling but be sure to check out the 1987 original starring Scott Glenn.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:49:12 AM EDT
[#15]
What I don't understand is why he gave himself up at the end.  He had the guy's brother, and the guy had Pita.  Why not a straight 1 for 1 switch?  Instead he gets the girl back, and gives up himself and the brother.  I understand the idea that he was going to die anyway, but by giving himself up like that, it just seemed demoralizing.  No funeral for him, no recognition, and his body's just gonna get dumped somewhere.

As far as the sticking C4 up his own ass, I don't find that too glorifying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top