Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:26:02 PM EDT
Has anyone seen this movie? I rented it tonight, couldnt find anything else. Watched the first few minutes and then I realized of sh*t, its all in Portuguese. But I decided to watch anyway. I was pretty good. Didnt think films from other countries would be as violent as american films. IMDb has it ranked 18th in their top 250 movie list, which I did not know until I looked it up after I watched it. Was supposed to be based on a true story
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard lots of good things about it, I thought it was kinda crappy though when I watched it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
i liked it.  the captioning was kinda weird though.  definitely worth watching.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched it last night. Good flick.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:00:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I read pretty fast, so I never really mind subtitles...

I liked the movie, but left me kind of uncomfortable being reminded how violent children can be...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The "city of god" is not a kind place, gun control seemed to work real well in brazil
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent movie. I thought the film making was on par with some of the newer American movies, in respect to style, etc. Don't let the subtitles bother you, don't be "that American". Dubbing sucks anyway. Definitely worth watching. It is based on a true story.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The "city of god" is not a kind place, gun control seemed to work real well in brazil

In the slum in the movie was that how Rio used to be? Police didnt even bother to go in there as long as the dealers paid them off? Today is not a bad place, is it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the slum in the movie was that how Rio used to be? Police didnt even bother to go in there as long as the dealers paid them off? Today is not a bad place, is it?

It's kind of a city outside of Rio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top