BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2005 6:10:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the deadline? How about a week.

Does the actual person/member have to act out the scene or can it just be any sort of creative re-enactment as long it as has the appearance of being a movie? Can it be, say, Flash animation?

There's going to be runner-up prizes given away? Will the wait for those prizes be drawn out as long as the drawing from this thread?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Brave soul here

ETA:  but my movie-taking means is actually a digital camera w/video & sound capabilities (not a camcorder), so trunkated scene requirements would be ideal for me atleast.  (unless someone wants to donate a SD card bigger than 64mb)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Now this sounds interesting. Don't desire the job though, but would be more then willing to help out if need be, rating clips and such.

This ought to be a good one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
<------Oooo, can I be a "review fan"

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
everyone's a critic
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
everyone's a critic

Not on this site...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't have a video camera, but if I can do something along the lines of sarge and his dolls I'd go for it.

Of course, the characters in my "skits" would be represented not by dolls, but by interesting things like different bullets, since I don't play with dolls.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#10]
This should be quite entertaining to say the least.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I want to know what scenes before I volunteer. It could get pretty darn embarrassing otherwise. I'm picturing The Rock's cheerleader soliloquy in Be Cool.

I can only imagine the discussion ya'll had in Staff about how to pick a mod here. Hey lets make them make complete fools of themselves... Yeah..!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You guys are saying you dont have video camera's or friends with video cameras?

And you call yerself movie buffs... my goodness. Any video freak will tell ya that you have GOT to own some sort of camera and a vid card to get video into your pc.

I feel such shame in this thread...

Well, I can get 4-5 minutes on my current SD card.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not quite sure I'm gutsy enough to try this out...or if I even have the tools or talent to pull it off.

Put me down as thinking about it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#15]

So, one yes and three maybes?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#16]
How many scenes do we have to act out or do we each get one different scene?

I'll play if it's not too much work.
The filming/acting I can do. It's getting it uploaded that's a pain but I can pull it off.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
This "movie" thing is just a passing fad.  People will never turn out in large numbers to watch the images of actors projected on a large screen.  I predict the whole industry will collapse before 1930.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

And you call yerself movie buffs... my goodness. Any video freak will tell ya that you have GOT to own some sort of camera and a vid card to get video into your pc.

The only bit I'm missing is the camera.  Have a dedicated video capture card for the computer (bought while I was borrowing a camera for a work-related project), but no video camera.

And since I just graduated, but don't have a job, all my friends that DO have video cameras have all left town for THEIR jobs, and I'm left with no video-camera-owning friends anywhere nearby.

Oh well.....I'll just have to watch and laugh at everyone else
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll pass. I don't have the time to be doing several of these things
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Count me in.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Can it be an animated movie made in Macromedia Flash or Adobe Premier?

Mall or some other public place? Now you're pushing it. I suppose I could do it after a few beers. Hell, a few Long Island Iced Teas and I might end up doing it naked.

I think this should at least be a paying members only contest... screw those non-contributing cheap-skates.

So what lines/scenes are being considered in case I need to rent them to rehearse.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#24]
ooh, I don't know about public domestic disputes...  I've been in enough trouble in my short time here on earth... (enough to know that I don't like hearing my rights read)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
A sample scene... ok let's make this the tentative initial scene would be something like going to a mall or restaurant and living Heston's famous soylent green discovery.

"SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!!!!!"

Nice, short, and sweet!

I think the more public and silly, the better! I think even a normal digital camera with ability to do short video may suffice. These things shouldn't be more than a minute here and a minute there.

I can picture the chaos now... imagine going up to the counter at a Victoria's secret, holding some lingerie, and yelling to the cashier, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

I will even dig up some nicer prizes than becoming a mod... maybe we should open this up to the GD and make it play to a larger audience. I can throw together a list of prizes and make it worth the trouble and insanity!

Maybe something like this for the winner: Digital Camcorder

Whatcha think, up the stakes and ditch the movie mod for big prizes?

Absolutely not! If they dont come here to post, they shouldnt be allowed to play but by all means, up the stakes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I want to know what scenes before I volunteer. It could get pretty darn embarrassing otherwise. I'm picturing The Rock's cheerleader soliloquy in Be Cool.

I can only imagine the discussion ya'll had in Staff about how to pick a mod here. Hey lets make them make complete fools of themselves... Yeah..!!

How this will work:
- Everyone will be given a scene from an "essential film", or famous lines from an actor, which they will need to act out. This can be as simple as just following the lines along with flair, or can include costumes, props, and extras.

How the hell did" BE COOL" become an essential film???  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm in.

The public Soylent Green example sold me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I want to be a MOD but I'm not sure if I can lay my hands on a digital video camera.

Can I do stills.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I am a GIANT movie fan. But I don't have a digital video camera. I spent all my cash on AR15s this year.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm in.

The public Soylent Green example sold me.

I think we need to grab a bunch of airsofts and act out "Heat" at our local branch.

I'm sure they'd get the joke.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't see enough movies to rank as a mod
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Nah...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, I'll need a friend to help me, but count me in.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#36]
No way in  hell do  I  want to mod anything , but  I might be  down for some public humilation  .

Hell I was married once it can't be that bad .
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm up for it.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
A sample scene... ok let's make this the tentative initial scene would be something like going to a mall or restaurant and living Heston's famous soylent green discovery.

"SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!!!!!"

Nice, short, and sweet!

I think the more public and silly, the better! I think even a normal digital camera with ability to do short video may suffice. These things shouldn't be more than a minute here and a minute there.

I can picture the chaos now... imagine going up to the counter at a Victoria's secret, holding some lingerie, and yelling to the cashier, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

I will even dig up some nicer prizes than becoming a mod... maybe we should open this up to the GD and make it play to a larger audience. I can throw together a list of prizes and make it worth the trouble and insanity!

Maybe something like this for the winner: Digital Camcorder

Whatcha think, up the stakes and ditch the movie mod for big prizes?

Sounds good to expand it, but I don't know. I think it might actually be cooler to make people show the talent and act out the sceans. could be something simple, Like Neil and Vincent's conversation at the resturaunt in Heat. Or you could go nuts and re-enact Sunny getting shot down in The Godfather, Take a classic movie scean and re-enact it. Put a modern twist on it if you want. what about something like that??
This one would be longer, let people do their own little like 10min mini flick.
Youd have to give a little more initial time for it like give a month to do it, but say you have to have the trailer out two weeks after the start of the contest, two weeks after that, the videos have to be out.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Hell I'm from AZ so I  am already disqualified.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Movie Idea???

By the end of page one you should see why

Perhaps in the style of a Mel Brooks comedy?? Ala Blazing Sadles, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Can I act out my scene with action figures?

If so I'll do it!

Sgat12r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Can I act out my scene with action figures?

If so I'll do it!

Sgat12r5

woo-hoo!  Sarge is here.  I was waiting on this
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#48]
My entry

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
My entry

img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/Sgtar15/soylent1.jpg

Sgatr15

notice the cat in the fire
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My entry

img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/Sgtar15/soylent1.jpg

Sgatr15

notice the cat in the fire

That's one hot pussy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top