Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 5:31:32 PM EDT
With Spiderman, X-Men, Daredevil, etc. fast becoming box office smash hits, what are some comics that you would like to see made into movies? My dream comic movie came true with Spidey.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
GHOST RIDER.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember seeing the Ghost Rider comics but never read them. Background info?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Little Annie Fannie!

I read about a possible movie years ago.
Dream on guys.

Soon after Commando made it to the screen (or was it just before) there was talk about Sgt Rock and Easy Company.
I’d like that.
Especially the episode where he gets stunned, captured by the Germans, and is brainwashed  into thinking he’s a German Soldier!
For the record, that was also  my First Sergeant Rock Comic book.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn I was going to start this thread after the video games thread.
No actual release dates for a lot of these... some haven't even begun production, but IMDb is pretty good for only putting up an announced movie if it's known to be more likely than not to be made.

The Hands of Shang-Chi (2005)

Lone Wolf and Cub (2005)
The Phantom (2005)
V for Vendetta (2005)

Watchmen (2006)
X-Men 3 (2006)
30 Days of Night (2006)
Deathlok (2006)
Flash, The (2006)
Ghost Rider (2006)
Luke Cage (2006)
Shazam! (2006)
Sin City 2 (2006)
Superman Returns (2006)

Captain America (2007)
Iron Man (2007) This is one I'd love to see.
Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2007)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
SIN CITY 2!!!

And however many more they want to make.  That will be one of those midnight-day-it-comes-out purchases on DVD.  AWESOME movie.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking forward to the X-Men, Batman Begins, and Spiderman sequels. Those movies are how every comic book movie should be made.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm looking forward to the X-Men, Batman Begins, and Spiderman sequels. Those movies are how every comic book movie should be made.

I'm a little nervous about the next X-men movie since Brian Singer isn't directing it. Althoug the story doesn't seem to have been nails down yet, it looks like Juggernaut will be in this one. It also looks like they're going to move into the Phoenix storyline, which makes sense given the ending of the second movie.

Personally I think those characters, as well as the addition of Kitty Pride and Colossus, will be awesome, the storyline should focus on The Sentinals. Those are classic X-men. good and bag mutants fight together to beat them would be a pretty normal Hollywood direction to go and I wouldn't see any problem with that. As long as they finally bring The Sentinals into the next movie. They've already dealt with human and mutant enemies... I think going in the direction of a mindless, seemingly unbeatable giant robot would be a nice change.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
SILVER SURFER

I've been waiting for a good movie version forever, and as soon as I saw the "liquid metal" effects in T2 I knew Hollywood F/X were finally up to the task.  Alas, it remains undone...

Maybe (hoping against hope) they'll introduce him in the first Fantastic 4 sequel (which I understand has already been contracted/planned) much like he was introduced in the old FF comics.

ETA:  Second choice?  I'd settle for a good (i.e., no Hasselhoff ) version of Nick Fury, my other favorite character.  (Heck, some of y'all may even remembr way back when I first came her - my original screen name/avatar was Nick Fury )
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
... I heard the Fantastic Four is terrible. I was also REALLY disappointed in Elektra, and I loved the Miller Daredevils when they came out...

I've heard the same thing, but I still want to see it (haven't had a chance yet).  And I kind of liked Elektra, so who knows?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hopefully the sentinals won't be that pink/purple that they were in the comic books. Who paints a giant killer robot mauve?

I think this is the Sentinel conceuptual drawing you can find on one of the X-men DVD's.

If they just go with a dull, neutral color scheme like black and gray or something it would be th best bet. The machiens are designed to kill mutants... not to look all shiny and cool. If they are painted all bright colors it would certainly make them less "tactical".

Quoted:
SILVER SURFER

Maybe (hoping against hope) they'll intorduce him in the first Fantastic 4 sequel (which I understand has already been contracted/planned) much like he was introduced in the old FF comics.

The only cross-over character tie-in movies that I can think of crashed and burned.
Catwoman and Elektra ring a bell.

Silver Surfer would probably be a cooler TV show.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... Silver Surfer would probably be a cooler TV show.

Maybe so.  They did an animated version a few years ago that was fairly good but didn't last long.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Damn I was going to start this thread after the video games thread.
No actual release dates for a lot of these... some haven't even begun production, but IMDb is pretty good for only putting up an announced movie if it's known to be more likely than not to be made.

The Hands of Shang-Chi (2005)

Lone Wolf and Cub (2005)
The Phantom (2005)
V for Vendetta (2005)

Watchmen (2006)
X-Men 3 (2006)
30 Days of Night (2006)
Deathlok (2006)
Flash, The (2006)
Ghost Rider (2006)
Luke Cage (2006)
Shazam! (2006)
Sin City 2 (2006)
Superman Returns (2006)

Captain America (2007)
Iron Man (2007) This is one I'd love to see.
Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2007)

Yes, I need to give you partial credit for the thread.

If Marvel makes a comic into a movie, I will be at the box office to see it. With the exception of The Hulk, I've enjoyed all of them. The only one I don't own on DVD yet is Electra.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, I need to give you partial credit for the thread.

If Marvel makes a comic into a movie, I will be at the box office to see it. With the exception of The Hulk, I've enjoyed all of them. The only one I don't own on DVD yet is Electra.

It does seem like they're mostly Marvel movies don't they. There are one or two DC movies mixed in that list. That's everything that I could find for the next few years on IMDb.

It's funny because the Marvel movies used the be the crappy ones. Did you see the "other" Fantastic Four, Captain America, Punisher... man they were stinkers. Made the future for Marvel look pretty grim.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
... It's funny because the Marvel movies used the be the crappy ones. Did you see the "other" Fantastic Four, Captain America, Punisher... man they were stinkers. Made the future for Marvel look pretty grim.

Don't forget the UNFORGIVABLY lame Spider-Man TV series from the '70s...
(... or the Dr. Strange pilot, or the renditions of DD and Thor in the Hulk TV movies, etc., etc. )

I've never seen a bootleg of the "only-to-preserve-the-rights" FF movie, but I actually own the "other" Captain America movie on LaserDisc.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Don't forget the UNFORGIVABLY lame Spider-Man TV series from the '70s...
(... or the Dr. Strange pilot, or the renditions of DD and Thor in the Hulk TV movies, etc., etc. )

I've never seen a bootleg of the "only-to-preserve-the-rights" FF movie, but I actually own the "other" Captain America movie on LaserDisc.

The Spider-man show was cool when I was a kid. Anything Spider-man was though. I wasn't as particular back then.

The Hulk TV movies... manthey did suck pretty bad. Especially the Thor one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The Spider-man show was cool when I was a kid. Anything Spider-man was though. I wasn't as particular back then...

Even Spidey on The Electric Company?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
... Capt America with the clear plastic shield that looked like a salad bowl- you have that on laser disc, hardcore.

No, those were the two TV movies (meant as pilots but never picked up) with Reb Brown.  I'm talking about the 1991 movie: www.imdb.com/title/tt0103923/

(But I do have the Reb Brown TV movies on tape somewhere as well...  I grew up on comics and am a sucker for all shows/movies based on them.)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't realize Marvel made a FF or a Captain America movie. I did see the Thor fiasco. The new movies are great though.

I just can't get into the DC brand. The Batman movies sucked IMHO. Superman was pretty good for its day. Then it just got cheesy.

I'm looking foreward also to the new X-men movie. This one should be the best one to date. The Ironman and movie is another must see for me.

What about Spawn? I didn't read the comics but I thought the movie was pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Spider-man show was cool when I was a kid. Anything Spider-man was though. I wasn't as particular back then...

Even Spidey on The Electric Company?

Oh hell yeah!! That was the only reason I watched that lame ass show as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#23]
The Flash was a One Year Blunder on the TV.

I hope they do better if it comes to the big screen.

They should have kept Iris Allen for more than the one episode.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll go out on a limb and putone in for Calvin and Hobbes. Good comedy potential with the right actors.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Ironman
Thor
Captain America

Man I hope they don't screw up with Captain America.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'll go out on a limb and putone in for Calvin and Hobbes. Good comedy potential with the right actors.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Ironman
Captian America
Spawn...............because they really F%$#ed the first one

edited because im a moron
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I don't know if it was because it was watered down too much, because Spawn looked to much like a cheap plastic mask you get at Spencer gifts or a whole bunch of things I'm not even thinking of.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Iron Man.

(which is actually in the works)  With all the advances in CGI, it should be a breeze.

My #2 would be First Comics "Badger"

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I don't know if it was because it was watered down too much, because Spawn looked to much like a cheap plastic mask you get at Spencer gifts or a whole bunch of things I'm not even thinking of.

the HBO version was so much better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top