Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 6:34:21 PM EDT
I’m upgrading from a Vizio 5.1 soundbar because the stimmy money is burning a hole in my pocket. Does anyone have any experience with the Klipsch Reference Dolby Atmos speakers? Getting 2 R-625FA Tower Speakers, 2 R-41M Bookshelf Speakers,
1 R-52C Center Channel Speaker, and 2
R-12SW Reference Powered Subwoofers for just under $1k. I guess I’m building a 5.2.2 HT system. Just need a decent 7.2 receiver. Found a Denon AVR-S750H 7.2-Channel 4K AV Receiver for $400. Getting good speaker wire and 2.1 HDMI cables now. Have a Sony X90CH in 65” and Xbox Series X. Does this setup look like it’ll do the job and make me smile? Any input from the hive would be great.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have tons of Klipsch stuff and it's good to go. If you are not afraid of a little bit work I would recommend to put together your own subwoofer (link below)
They offer a plug and play enclosure you just gotta put it together. The Crown XLS 1002 (300 bucks) is a good amplifier to drive it. This will give you about 2 x bang for the buck and if you want to go crazy you can add a second one.
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-UM18-22-18-Ultimax-DVC-Subwoofer-2-ohms-Per-Co-295-518

Oh and for the Atmos ready receiver - check out the Onkyo stuff - pretty solid and not too expensive.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Trying to keep it under $1500 total on the sound side. I should have stated that in the OP.

Also, since my TV area isn’t in an enclosed room, it’s a open floor plan house with vaulted ceilings, going with 2 12’s might be good enough I hope. We are “possibly” going to start to looking for a slightly larger home with an actual theater room in the next 3-5 years. I’ll go bigger then.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you defined what is "good enough"?  A few years ago I found a deal on a pair of SVS Plus 12" drivers and cloned the biggest passive cylinder subs.  In a 12x20 room and each sub getting 400w, I could not reach as low and loud as I wanted.  I went back to my 15's that are similar to this http://www.danmarx.org/audioinnovation/tc3000.html

The recommendation for the Crown XLS is spot on.  I use 1 XLS 1000 to power my left and right speakers and one channel of a 2nd for my center.  Since the speakers are 4 ohm, the XLS is capable of pushing up to 375w to each speaker.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top