Requirements:

-75" minimum/ 95" maximum
-Will be wall mounted
-GOOD speakers
-75% movies, 25% gaming consoles
-$2500 budget
-OLED is preferred but still open to a QLED

Does 8K even matter?

I have no knowledge of TVs outside of Samsung.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a great site for comparing TV's and getting a look at their tech specs.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/tvs-on-the-market

Your budget will get you a 75" Samsung QLED

And no, 8K doesn't matter. The amount of 8K video out there is not enough to spend on a TV that can show it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI pretty much.  Only thing I'd add is for your budget you can get the 75" Samsung QLED (Q90T) as stated which is a very good TV or consider for the same money you can get an 85" Vizio QLED (P85QX-H1).  Both will put out great pics (we just bought the 75"

version of the Vizio), but the firmware on the Samsung is more polished right now.  As for OLED and gaming.....not sure I would mix those yet due to the possibility of burn-in on the OLEDS.  Not much of a risk but still enough reports that it steered me away from  

buying an OLED tv.  

PSA: One thing to consider too is what card you put the purchase on.  Some cards like the Citi Visa aka Costco card, will add a couple of years warranty on top of the manufacturers.  Would save from buying an extended warranty if that was a concern.

EDIT: Take the money you "save" and buy a receiver and speakers.  You can do just fine for around 1K.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The “GOOD speakers” requirement is the fail in this post.

You seriously need a receiver / system, especially with greater than a 6 foot screen.

Chop into your budget of the 20” display min/max variable as needed.

Don’t look for sound in a “TV”.

Decent sound is only a few hundred. Spend less on the video and at least something on the audio, you have a fair amount of margin at a budget of $2500.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The “GOOD speakers” requirement is the fail in this post.

You seriously need a receiver / system, especially with greater than a 6 foot screen.

Chop into your budget of the 20” display min/max variable as needed.

Don’t look for sound in a “TV”.

Decent sound is only a few hundred. Spend less on the video and at least something on the audio, you have a fair amount of margin at a budget of $2500.

View Quote

Yeah I haven't ever seen/listened to a TV that even comes close to a mediocre soundbar let alone a receiver and speakers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont know what the prices in the U.S. are but we recently bought the Q900TS on a big sale.

Yeah, not much 8K content out, but the price reduction was a big factor.

Had the no gap wall mount included and it also has plenty of speakers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top