Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2020 2:28:04 PM EDT
Let me be honest here - I am not an audio video snob at all.  I bought a $499 65" Visio for the living room a while back. I am completely happy with it except most times I can't understand dialogue on the TV. I use subtitles a lot. The shitty TV speakers combined with my aging ears is what I blame.

I don't want to go all in with a surround sound receiver right now. I'd be happy with a decent soundbar (wall mounted under the TV)  and a subwoofer. Spdif input preferred. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Walfart has a couple basic ones on sale for black Friday

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried out a few Wal-mart units and did not really care for them.
I felt they were lacking in clarity, sound quality, crisp clear highs and and sort of lows.

I ended up ordering a Klipsch Sounds Bar and Sub from Crutchfield and I love it and the family loves it.   The wife said, Holy shit, it sounds like we are in a real movie theater.
My step daughter came in while we were watching a movie and said What the Heck, We got a Woofer now?

I've enjoyed it the last few months...

Mine is something like this https://www.crutchfield.com/p_714CIN600/Klipsch-Cinema-600.html
But mine has a 10" wireless Sub, you can add a second sub of the same or bigger if you want and add wireless rear speakers for surround sound .
I'm pretty sure it had the Fiber input too..
I think they discontinued mine.  It was like 500.00

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Look on Cnet. They take one of the sub $200 vizio very high. Heard done good things about yamaha as well

Check this article out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/the-best-soundbar-for-2020-yamaha-roku-vizio-jbl-more/
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd recommend finding a refurbished Yamaha ATS-1070. That's what I got and am more than happy with it. I bought a Vizio at first but returned it because the mute function was broken. Also, the volume increments were too drastic. For me, it was either too loud or too quiet.

The Yamaha has an optical input, as well as HDMI ARC, and it has a subwoofer output (you'll have to buy a subwoofer separately though). I bought mine Amazon Renewed for $99. Also, it is wall-mountable.

The ATS-1070 has been replaced with the YAS-109, which is basically the same sound bar except it has Alexa built-in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top