Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 1:17:56 AM EDT
OK, here I go again!!  The first movie is about either an USMC or Army Black corporal in the Korean War who finds himself in charge of a squad or survivors of a platoon, which some of them were giving him shit for being Black. I saw this movie as a kid back in the late 70s and the only thing I remember is that it was winter due to all the snow on the ground and most of the action was at night.

As for the second movie this will be a tough one.... I saw this movie on TV back in the mid 70s AND I don't remember too of this one other then it was two guys on a small  tropical island, one American and the other Chinese.  All I remember that that they were stalking either other and the American was carrying what I believe to be a S&W 76 SMG.  I believe it was made in the 60s.  All I can say is that it wasn't "Hell in the Pacific," which was a WW2 movie.

Every time I have a movie question, I always come here for the answer!!

Since I live in Alaska and winter is around the corner, I'm back in my movie mode since I'm not big on winter sports.  Plus, I'm always adding to my 2,000 DVD/Blu-Ray collection, which I will enjoy more once I retire for the second time next year.

Again, THANKS!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Korean War flick is All the Young Men, don't know about the other.

Looked thru here, but did'nt see anything.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
2nd movie, The Challenge, Darin McGavin and Mako (1970), wiki has an entry
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Again... WOW!!

Thanks for the two titles... Sucks since neither made it to DVD.  

Again, I was only in my early-mid teens when I saw these two movies on TV back in Seattle when we only had five or six channels to watch... I guess when you are exposed to limited action movies as a kid, they all seemed to be great!!

Again, THANKS!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top