Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2013 8:50:52 PM EDT
Just watched it last night.  A bit long and drawn out for some scenes, and hipster-ish (never thought you could hipsterize a zombie movie).  Pretty funny scenes especially from the friend zombie played by Rob Corddry.

I think they had a gun fan on the props team, they paid some attention to the weapons in the movie.  I saw lots of tacticool, tier 1 operator shit... SBRs, a Tavor (or some other bullpup) and one of the close-ups of a rifle even had an AAC flash suppresor complete with suppresor threading.  Also saw what looked like an Aimpoint Micro and Eotech as well.  The actual gun shooting scenes were pretty lame though, but this wasn't that type of zombie movie.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Thought is was going to suck zombie craze ballz!

Ended up pretty friggin funny IMO. Watch of prett often
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Really a cute movie.

Read the book. Liked the movie more.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Watching it now.   Pretty damn good so far.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I avoided it because I'm burned out on zombies, but the GF rented it for movie night.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Whenever it shows up in the bargain bin, I'll buy the DVD.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I felt like a jackass when I didn't realize it was a zombie Romeo and Juliet until the balcony scene. DOH

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I really lked it.  Sort of a new perspective on zombie movies.  I had to chuckle when he thought the guy (who he was about to eat) had a nice watch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The comments here are a lot more positive than I expected... I have a couple of free Redbox rentals coming, I may have to try it out.

View Quote

No kidding. I expected far worse.

Honestly though, it looks chick-flicky to me from the previews, so I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Am I the only one who thought the movie was absolutely terrible? I don't shut off too many movies but this was one I just could not continue watching.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thought the movie was absolutely terrible? I don't shut off too many movies but this was one I just could not continue watching.
View Quote

I've wasted time on far worse movies.  This was a B- for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#11]
It's not a "zombie movie", but I knew that going in and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree, it ended up being a good movie.  Turned out to be a romance but whatever it had "zombies" so it worked for the girl and I
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a ZomRomCom
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 1:50:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 1:51:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a ZomRomCom
View Quote

...and a new genre is born.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#16]
good movie

"i'm wearing a hoodie so I must have been unemployed"
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought it was going to suck but my wife wanted to see it. Since she sat through the absolute POS that is "Zombie Strippers" with me, I watched it with her.

Not a bad movie, and MUCH better than Zombie Strippers
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:28:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought that movie sucked.  My GF agreed.  Maybe I'm the minority here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just watched it last night.  A bit long and drawn out for some scenes, and hipster-ish (never thought you could hipsterize a zombie movie).  Pretty funny scenes especially from the friend zombie played by Rob Corddry.

I think they had a gun fan on the props team, they paid some attention to the weapons in the movie.  I saw lots of tacticool, tier 1 operator shit... SBRs, a Tavor (or some other bullpup) and one of the close-ups of a rifle even had an AAC flash suppresor complete with suppresor threading.  Also saw what looked like an Aimpoint Micro and Eotech as well.  The actual gun shooting scenes were pretty lame though, but this wasn't that type of zombie movie.
View Quote

Totally agree about the 'hipsterizing'  although I didn't kill the movie for me like it does for alot of other movies.  It was like subdued hipster as opposed to in your face douche bag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top