Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2012 1:52:28 PM EDT
Well, on the upside it's not a remake, right?

IMDb / Official Site

I'm totally in love with the girl playing Gretel. Jeremy Renner is cool. It pretty much looks like Van Helsing, with witches in place of vampires. I'm sure it'll be equally retarded... a renter at best.

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
How bad can it be?
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Worse than having a burlap bag of dicks thrown over your head, driven into the desert and left for dead?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems like the pilot for a TV series, or a theatrical spin-off from a TV show.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Has promise.

Just unsure what is being promised: Good movie, Bad movie or a brand of margarine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I just can't get past the full auto crossbow.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks terrible.  I'll wait for the Bluray release.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because it is as real as a witch?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because it's fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Witches, vampires, werewolves, zombies, automatic crossbows, etc...the entire monster and monster-fighting genre has become laughable because good story telling has been replaced with action, bad CGI, sophomoric attitude, and/or love stories aimed at 13 year old girls (which happens to also work on the moms of those 13 year old girls).
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
So, what'd ya think?
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Witches, vampires, werewolves, zombies, automatic crossbows, etc...the entire monster and monster-fighting genre has become laughable because good story telling has been replaced with action, bad CGI, sophomoric attitude, and/or love stories aimed at 13 year old girls (which happens to also work on the moms of those 13 year old girls).

This. I irritate my female friends when I explain that the whole Twilight franchise is not built on quality but female emotional response to standard formulas. Even most of them agree that the books and movies are sub-par…but they just can’t help themselves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, what'd ya think?

The movie was horrible. It was like getting kicked in the nuts from beginning to end. The action was nonstop and over the top.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, what'd ya think?

The movie was horrible. It was like getting kicked in the nuts from beginning to end. The action was nonstop and over the top.

That's what I liked about it! It was a fun movie that didn't try to be anything it wasn't.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I must be getting old and cynical because the previews left me with a "full of suck" impression.  Unfortunately the wife will most likely rent it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I did enjoy the movie, but, at the risk of sounding prudish, didn't think the lines "Are you fucking kidding me?" were needed.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Took the GF and my grown daughters to see it.  We all liked it.  It's definitely not a deep movie, but we thought it was funny and had some good witch-killin violence.  If ya go see it, just remember you're going to a movie based on a childrens fable.  Ain't gonna be real realistic!
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I am German and grew up reading and seeing plays about this

from what I have seen in short trailers I am not going waste my time and money on this crap

just my personal opinion

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#20]

He was in that Hollywood Star crap video that came out against firearms. Yea, no desire to see the movie. Fuck em.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He was in that Hollywood Star crap video that came out against firearms. Yea, no desire to see the movie. Fuck em.

And what of the crew members who worked on the film that do support firearms? You are not supporting their livelihood.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what of the crew members who worked on the film that do support firearms? You are not supporting their livelihood.

Move out of California and do not work for Hollywood. Sorry, but I am not going to spend money to help line the pockets of morons that want to spout their liberal BS, just because there are some non-liberal employees that work to support them. Same thing for government employees. If getting rid of bloated federal agencies results in the loss of jobs, even for conservatives or firearms activists, then that is the way it has to be. Retrain and find a new job.

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
the crossbow? how about the Minigun? that has more WTF to me in this story than the full auto crossbow.

I think whomever said it looks like Van Helsing hit the nail on the head, stupid made up nonsensical weapons vs terrible CGI supernatural bad guys.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#24]
It really was like the Brother's Grimm. It was fun, just don't expect too much out of it
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Disappointing no bewbies shown from Grethel but thumbs up for the witch that shed her clothes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw it in Imax 3D, but had I not seen it in IMAX 3D I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#27]
My wife and I thought it was pretty cool.   Yes, the box of 50 BMG rounds in probably 1800's? was out there, but it was not trying to be anything it wasn't, like Tony-Ri said.  In 3D it was great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top