Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2011 11:05:28 PM EDT
So, it looks like the film is on track to finally shoot this summer! Yay!!!

Casting has begun! http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/22143/#
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can't find much about it on the net... story of a Scientist asked to report on the cause / effect of a Zombie outbreak...

Looks interesting and seems to have hooked a fairly big name (Pitt)...

Brad Pitt's company bought the rights not long after the book came out, if I remember correctly. Its taken this long for it get written and start pre-production. My guess is with the success of The Walking Dead, it was an easier time convincing the powers that be of its viability...

Go read the book, its extremely good! Even the (unfortunately abridged) audiobook is well worth the listen!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The hard copy might be more use... audiobooks "go through" me... listened to a few, but damned if i can remember them..

This one is really good!
http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_1?asin=B002V8DH36&qid=1304036456&sr=1-1
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree about the audiobook.

Because of the nature of the book its more like a series of interviews instead of someone reading to you. And there are different actors for each character.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I went to a lecture that Max Brooks gave at the public library in my town.  It was almost a year ago before they had all kinds of problems recently, but he seemed really hopeful at that time and pleased with what he had seen as far as adherence to the source material.  At that time the director attached to it was the director for one of the last two Bond movies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top