Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2011 8:55:58 AM EDT
http://conanthebarbarianin3d.com/motionposter/

I think they are going to do great with this remake.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna say this will suck so that when it does come out I will either be pleasantly surprised or get to say I told you so.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Conan the Anorexic
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It's good.  Trust me.  

Very brutal.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Conan the Anorexic

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Conan the Anorexic

Momoa actually plays the role very well.  I believe the movie will be very popular.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Pass

There is no replacement for Arnold, sorry
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The  sword is not the Atlantean.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a cool interview with the screenwriter.
Link
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Who's the guy that's going to play Conan? Hey' I liked the Arnie version of Conan, but it was more of a PG version, something a little more R rated as stated in the writer interview could be full of win.

On aorta related note,whatever happened to the John Carter Warlord of Mars movie they were supposed to be making( I think disney was involved)? When I heard of this I remeber thinking I hope they go for a hard R version or it's gonna blow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...whatever happened to the John Carter Warlord of Mars movie they were supposed to be making( I think disney was involved)? When I heard of this I remeber thinking I hope they go for a hard R version or it's gonna blow.

I thought it had stalled, but according to its Wikipedia entry, it is going ahead.
Looks like a PG13, though.
(there's always a hope for an unrated DVD...)

I'll give the new Conan a chance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
PG-13, pass. Tired of this bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
PG-13, pass. Tired of this bullshit.

Conan will be rated a definite R.  No question about that.  Previous poster was talking about something else.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
damn i wanted to see this movie but its 3D so its gonna suck. there has never been a good 3d movie (avatar pulled 3D off but it sucked otherwise.)
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
damn i wanted to see this movie but its 3D so its gonna suck. there has never been a good 3d movie (avatar pulled 3D off but it sucked otherwise.)

There have been good 3D movies, and not just avatar.  The catch is, you have to film them with the intention of them being in 3D, not shoehorn it in afterward.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There have been good 3D movies, and not just avatar.  The catch is, you have to film them with the intention of them being in 3D, not shoehorn it in afterward.

Most native 3D films suck ass too. The reason is because they think they have to remind you every scene that you're watching a 3D movie by having some stupid gimmick projectile flying straight towards the camera.

The reason Avatar pulled off 3D well is because James Cameron is a semi-competent director who didn't have to resort to that kind of bullshit in order to 'woo' his audience.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most native 3D films suck ass too. The reason is because they think they have to remind you every scene that you're watching a 3D movie by having some stupid gimmick projectile flying straight towards the camera.

The reason Avatar pulled off 3D well is because James Cameron is a semi-competent director who didn't have to resort to that kind of bullshit in order to 'woo' his audience.

You Sir, are absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How to Train Your Dragon pulled off 3D very well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I would humbly suggest that such a comparison would amount to an apple and oranges debate.  The productions are nothing alike.

Link Posted: 3/7/2011 1:11:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would humbly suggest that such a comparison would amount to an apple and oranges debate.  The productions are nothing alike.

It wasn't a comparison.  It was a counterargument to the assertion that no movie has pulled off 3D and had a good story to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who's the guy that's going to play Conan? Hey' I liked the Arnie version of Conan, but it was more of a PG version, something a little more R rated as stated in the writer interview could be full of win.

On aorta related note,whatever happened to the John Carter Warlord of Mars movie they were supposed to be making( I think disney was involved)? When I heard of this I remeber thinking I hope they go for a hard R version or it's gonna blow.

I'm sorry, are you saying that Conan the Barbarian with Arnold Schwarzenegger was "more of a PG version?"  If you are, may I just say that that motherfucker had more blood than The Wild Bunch and more titties than fucking Porky's.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Totally. Films like How to Train Your Dragon are made the same as other CG animated films, they're just rendered for 3D in post production.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#24]
looks like it will be pretty good
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry, are you saying that Conan the Barbarian with Arnold Schwarzenegger was "more of a PG version?"  If you are, may I just say that that motherfucker had more blood than The Wild Bunch and more titties than fucking Porky's.

He was probably thinking of the sequel Conan the Destroyer which somehow took a complete turn for the opposite and cast Arnold in a nearly bloodless PG version, it was more like red sonja light which was of course more like Conan the Barbarian light.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly what i was saying, and if you don't watch it on a normal TV its just stupid to have slomo blood droplets, heads or what not fly across the screen.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top