Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2011 5:48:35 PM EDT
Movie Staring William Defoe.

The plot of the movie is a husband and wife go to their cabin to reconnect after the death of their only child. William Defoe is a therapist, and is helping his wife cope with her grief instead of letting her medicate it away.

This movie is a hardcore horrific masterpiece. With some of the most brutal scenes I have ever seen.

It does a great job of lulling you into a sense of security, man and wife working together to over come their trauma with some artsy weirdness thrown in from time to time. Then it takes a freaking swan dive off the cliff of crazy into a deep pool of WTF.

This is a movie that would easily make the top 10 in one of those "Most Brutal Films" threads on ARFCOM.

The cinematography is really well done, and the way the director plays with light is fascinating.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Watching it now....already freaked out with defoe's wiener
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Will check it out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you guys survive?
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Watching it now....already freaked out with defoe's wiener

It was actually a stunt penis for the ultra closeups from what I remember reading...

I would have seen it already, if it weren't for hearing about how horrifying it is beforehand.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched it because of this thread.
What a terrible movie.  If it wasn't for the clit-ectomy I would have fallen asleep angry.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I watched it because of this thread.

What a terrible movie. If it wasn't for the clit-ectomy I would have fallen asleep angry.

Don't spoil it for other's. The crushing scene didn't get to you at all?
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Weird ass movie... I stopped half way..
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Weird ass movie... I stopped half way..

Then you missed the best parts.

Link Posted: 1/21/2011 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
guy at work was talking about this
said he didn't expect something of that level of WTF considering it starred mainstream actors
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It's pretty rare I completely regret watching a movie. That includes some of the most fucked up ones that have been filmed IE Martyrs. But this movie is best described by that picture of Jackie Chan where he is saying "My head is full of fuck"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top