Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 6:28:47 PM EDT
Mel Gibson may be a drunken asshat at times, but DAMN! he makes some good movies. The Patriot is on the tube and I just saw the "Aim small, miss small" scene again.
The trials and tribulations our Revolutionaries went through to give birth to this country can't be appreciated by the average citizen.
The mist of time has clouded our vision of what it took. Thanks to Mel, I have some inkling of what to ponder.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
One of Mel's best IMO. I own it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
very good movie.

im disappointed Heath Ledger died. he was also awesome in many roles, A Knights Tale, The Dark Knight, his short role in Monsters Ball and of course his role in The Patriot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked the part where the pastor picked up his musket and went off to fight.

The Black Regiment is a largely overlooked bit of history from the American Revolution.

Of course, such activist ministers today would be greeted with jeers of, "Separation of church and state!  Separation of church and state!!!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
very good movie.

im disappointed Heath Ledger died. he was also awesome in many roles, A Knights Tale, The Dark Knight, his short role in Monsters Ball and of course his role in The Patriot.

Same here. He was just getting his stride as a great actor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Patriot & Mohicans will require a Tomahawk purchase.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I liked the part where the pastor picked up his musket and went off to fight.

The Black Regiment is a largely overlooked bit of history from the American Revolution.

Of course, such activist ministers today would be greeted with jeers of, "Separation of church and state!  Separation of church and state!!!"

"A sheppard must tend to his flock, that includes fighting off the wolves." Or something along those lines
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top