Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I really don't know what to say...as strong a conservative and gun enthusiast/activist i am, I can't image quitting ministry....and i've had some hard times in ministry....heck I started carrying b/c my life (and that of my pregnant wife) was threatened by a church member (deacon) at one time...been fired for not allowing homosexuality in a church....but quitting the ministry and giving up my credentials and lisence to persue gun activism....never
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but you aren't him.  I don't imagine ministry is populated only by people who chose it because it actually was their calling.  Maybe this guy is one of those.  Or maybe ministry was a stepping stone to this.  Who knows?  

And you know what they say about saying "never," don't you?  
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]
lol...yea....But I was at that Rally, I really admire the guy, he quoted Whitfield, and took the teeth out of the media, it was really good. I was impressed––-just a little disappointing now is all...
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes the sheep are scared of the sheepdogs b/c they look too much like the wolves...
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really don't know what to say...as strong a conservative and gun enthusiast/activist i am, I can't image quitting ministry....and i've had some hard times in ministry....heck I started carrying b/c my life (and that of my pregnant wife) was threatened by a church member (deacon) at one time...been fired for not allowing homosexuality in a church....but quitting the ministry and giving up my credentials and lisence to persue gun activism....never

You were fired because you wouldn't let guys have sex with each other in a church?
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

With respect, I think you may be projecting too much of your persona onto him.

I appreciate your steadfastness, but his change in ministry does not mean an end to his ministry.  Sounds like he still plans to minister to people through his church security efforts, but not as a Senior Pastor any more.

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With respect, I think you may be projecting too much of your persona onto him.

I appreciate your steadfastness, but his change in ministry does not mean an end to his ministry.  Sounds like he still plans to minister to people through his church security efforts, but not as a Senior Pastor any more.

per the link he resign his ministerial creds with his denomination...

Link Posted: 10/21/2009 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe he just couldn't preach the truth in a 501C3 church...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
There is too much mixing of God and Guns.  These two are not inherintly joined at the hip.  I became so sick of the mixture as I sat in the NRA annual rally this past year in Pheonix.  I felt like I was listening to Imams.

The Bible seems to be, well, not too clear on the topic.  What is clear is that Jesus said his Kingdom is not of this world or else his servants would fight.  What is clear is things would be a lot different if Stephen whipped out a short sword and slashed a few Pharisees instead of dying a faithful Martyr.  

What is clear is the the physical life (i.e. guns etc) and the spiritual life are not equivilant.  The NRA rally made the second amendment seem like the 11th commandment.  I have a problem w/ that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Concern I have is that he's joined up with a rabbi that teaches improper tactics to other churches. I think ultimately that will hurt his credibility more than anything.

I agree with his intentions. Sometimes, a person needs a change. He isn't giving up his roots as he is still holding onto his chaplain position with his local LE.

I just wish that if he was going to start an organization, they wouldn't do it with bad instruction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top