Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2009 9:20:38 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.  Consider reading the book of Job.  I think you'll find some inspiration and perspective in there.  The thoughts you are having are not thoughts to be ashamed of - they are natural, and they demand answers.  You are not the first to ask such questions, and many answers have been suggested since those questions were first asked.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Please go and talk to a Pastor, Elder, or someone who can help you spiritually. If they aren't helpful, find another until they are. Don't stop seeking what you are supposed to learn from this until God reveals it to you, but also have patience knowing that He will reveal it only when the time is right.

Do you have immediate family? Do they know how you feel?

Depression is nothing to play with. If it doesn't get better you may want to see a doctor.

Personally, I can completely understand how you feel about the terrorists. I feel the same way. When I watched the 9/11 videos and such I seriously want to personally go and kill every last one of the extremist-Muslims. They are an enemy of America and of Israel and have vowed to kill and destroy both. Somehow I have assumed that these feelings are self defensive in nature and not just hate. I'm not really sure that that can really be hate. I don't dislike the people themselves, I don't like what they are bent on doing to me and my loved ones. I pray for these people, and hope that they will put their faith in Christ and change their goals in life from murder to love. However I don't even bat an eye when we blow people to smithereens who are bent on killing us or our military. I believe there is a difference between killing and murder.

I will pray for you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
my prayers are for you sister I sorry to hear what happen.

keep your eyes on the Lord and try to keep going forward
I no it is easier said than done I remember when I was in high school
my older sister was rapped at a car wash during the day an nobody
saw a thing I went on a mission with the wrong ideas and thank the lord
he was not found because I was not in the right mind...but that was a long time ago
I hope they get the guy that has done this to you, but I know one judge he will
stand in front of that has seen it all..

Romans 12

stay strong sister and stay in the Word of God
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Edit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
G_I, please talk to a pastor or psychologist –– preferably soon and preferably both, IMO. The feelings / symptoms you describe are completely normal for someone who's been assaulted. On top of that, 9/11reminded you of feelings of rage and helplessness.

Holy God, thank you for your love and for the fact that we can approach you directly. I ask that you would give G_I peace and healing. Please provide her a fresh sense of your victory as she faces her rage and pain. I love you Lord, and I ask all this through the name of Jesus. Amen.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sister,

First off, as you know there are people here that love you and will stand with you concerning your emotional and physical healing process, no matter how long it takes.

We will also pray for God's justice concerning this, and know He does not take lightly people in the world who would do such a thing as this.

Not by a long shot beloved.

Also these things happen sometimes to ones who do attend church, pray on a regular basis, tithe and study God's Word to show themselves approved at all times, demonstrating much love and sacrifice as you have in your commitment to serve God, in a way that is most pleasing to Him.

It is certainly a sad day to here that one of our own has been shamfully handled in such a way, and believe you me that if SAE, or some others here, would have been there with you then things very well would have turned out in a way not very advantagous for your attackers at all, sister.

However, I have a wife and two very attractive daughters (they take after their mother they tell me), both now in there twenties, and I have always tryed to instruct them about different senarios that a woman or even a man could be in that would put them at a disadvantage pertaining to an attack by a crimminal element much like what you have just experianced.

I am certainly no expert about security measures that people should take when out and about or even right there at one's home.

Now, some of these events happen and even if everything security-wise is being adhered to, these things do happen anyway and cannot be avoided.

I drove my wife and daughters back then in high school to a mall in Ft.Worth several years ago, on the spur of the moment, as my girls were in band at their High School and had to have something they could only get there for band the next day.

So we went, and I must say I wasn't too happy about taking them there because my sister had worked as a manager at the Sears store at that mall, and had some stories to tell about some things, like robberys and muggings that had taken place there at night, and the security there being totally inadaquate and so on.

Anyways when we arrived I had already come up with my security plan, which was after finding out that the store they where going to was right inside on of the entrances, I dropped them off at the door and then parked and stayed outside, where I had a line of sight with the glass door of that entrance so that I could not only watch comings and goings of people in there but also the entrance to the store they were in.

I was armed and had a two million candle-power spotlight ready to beam.

Now my wife and girls have always thought some of the things I have done over the years concerning them concerning security, have been somwhat overboard but I'll bet if they spoke with you now they might very well indeed come away from that conversation with a different attitude about such.

Anyway back to the mall;

I sat out there in my truck probably about thirty to forty minutes, waiting for them to do their thing.

It was getting pretty late and people were now filtering out into the parking lot, costumers and various store employees alike.

After watching them walk through the paking lot, it didn't take me very long to figure out something that was terribly wrong here.

That was almost all of them were not paying attention to their surroundings out more than about ten feet.

Most of them didn't even notice me setting in my truck, a couple of them,walking right past my door!

If I would have been there that night as a crimminal type for whatever reason I could have with a weapon, easily done anything I would have wanted to do, because the people out there walking around were totally ignorant in most cases, about their own lack pertaining to having a personal security plan and not even bothering to watch out for themselves at all.

Alot of people make it easy for these preditory types to do their thing on society, and in most cases these crimminals even have the choice of who that they victimize because people many times aren't even aware of them hidding in plain sight.

I'm not saying here that you didn't take all the necessary steps to ensure your saftey in any way.

You very well may have.

I was a corrections officer at one time in my life and got a very eye opening education from the imates I,''supervised'' there.

The overwhelming majority told me that they would usualy attack the ones that either appeared to not be aware of their surrondings as I stated above, or just plain put themselves in a bad position.

They would also state as a coveniance for not feeling guilty of being responsible for their actions as all sociopaths do, that if there victims whould have been watching out for themselves and carrying themselves in a way that exhibited strength, then they would likley not attack those and wait for a someone who appeared to be,''weak'' to them.

This is why we call them,''predators'' for they reason no differently than a coyote or a jackal in that sense.

They go by pack rules and mentality.

However, you must be strong right now and trust God.

He has a ultimate plan for you concerning this, and if you believe this, then your anger and the tears you shed now ,very well may stop this from happening to someone else or worse, in the future.

You are a witness concerning this now as many others are also.

There is a opportunity through Christ in this.

Lean on Jesus right now and draw strength from Him and grow, so that others around you latter will have the benifit of that growth and understanding.

For God in His wisdom will never allow anything to happen to te ones called by His name that they ultumatly cannot handle or where His purpose is not involved.

The ones who did these things to you will not escape punishment, you will see this through your own eyes.

We will pray for you daily,

Please keep us updated if you can, and there as been a prayer thread added here with a list of people in the OP who you can IM or just post there anything additionally also, if you want to.

Love, peace and healing in Jesus name,

Your brother,

SAE

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I am so sorry for you situation, it's really awful. It's very normal to feel such hatred towards evil individuals. In fact, entire civilizations rise and fall on such hatred. It really is a terrible thing to be consumed with hatred and fear. I know that women are most often portrayed as being fearful of such situations. But it applies to men just as much. That fear eventually turns to anger. Men may be most likely to act on the anger. In my case, I know I did. Only a clear head (on my part) kept me from killing my repeat attacker (drug dealing neighbor).

There are two points I would like to make and both points rely on you!

First, don't let this event (and similar) be defining moments of your life. You are stronger than that. Your life is truly your own and the evil activities of others should not control your life and your well being. Take control of it (the best way you can) and make sure you are overcoming the obstacles put before you. When you do, you become much stronger.

Second, recognize the fact that if you crashed your bicycle in a high speed race, you would be in similar shape (I was, broken wrist and all). Yet, you would not hate yourself. In fact, I laughed at myself for surviving it. So, you would hate your neighbor for hurting you, but love yourself if you caused the situation. That's human nature. Recognize it for what it is.

I know that's not much help, but it really is how I feel about getting over a tough situation. Once you work it out with yourself, you become a much better and stronger person. Plus, you have the ability to see similar situations for what they are. Evil.

Edit: I guess what I was trying to say is, never let evil be the factor that defines your life, or makes your life miserable.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
god speed to a quick recovery
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
good morning!!!

how you doing today...just wanted to let ya know we are still praying for you.

God bless.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
good morning!!!

God bless.

+1

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
good morning!!!

God bless.

+1

Good Mornin' sister!

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
good morning!!!

God bless.

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Girl_Interrupted,

I am sad that you were a victim of such a barbaric crime.  I am sure The Lord understands your feelings towards your attackers.  None could understand you better than Him.

Sometimes all we can do is pray for God to change us.  It may not happen at once, but God will help you heal.  Your attackers will face justice, in this life or the next.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you, everyone.

I'm taking it one day at a time.

I finally caved in and decided to speak with someone about my depression. It's really bad at this point. I feel like I spend more time crying than living. Things are just tough all over right now.

I do appreciate the prayers. It lifts my spirits so much to know that you are all lifting me up in prayer.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes we are and will continue to do so.

It is good to hear from you.

Feel free to IM anytime you would like.

Your brother in Christ always,

SAE
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I am glad to hear that you spoke to someone about your feelings. In addition to your church counselors, there are trained licensed psychologists out there that that incorporate Christian beliefs into the counseling. Sounds like that would be a good fit for you.

I am no expert on psychology, but I know that your feelings towards those that hurt you and that hurt our country and citizens are normal. Through your counseling, you can hopefully learn how to deal with the feelings in a way that does not change you into a person that you do not want to be.

It will take time, but you will survive this and you will be able to deal with your thoughts and anger in a way that is not self destructive.

My thoughts are with you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top