Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2009 4:33:12 PM EDT
Hello all.  As of today, the only thing keeping me at Hillcrest West (a nursing, specialty care facility) is that I need a place to live on discharge.  Got in touch with the Chattanooga group home that originally turned me down because my medical issues were too severe at the time.  They only look at the last 3 months of medical history and these past 3 months look better than the first time I applied.  So, now, I just pray that they accept me as I grow weary of HCW.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
praying with ya.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Darg.  The paperwork process got rolling yesterday.  We went by the urologist for a routine check up and dropped the forms they need to fill out.  Now, we just have to have 3 other doctors involved fill out the papers and all the paperwork will be in.

On a side note, my internal heating and cooling mechanism which has been suppressed all these years (since I was a child) due to some medication I was on, has seemed to flip itself back on.  One of the side effects of Ditropan (which I was on) is that it retards the bodies ability to sweat.  Some months ago I switched to another medicine.  Now all of sudden, today, my mother looks at me while I'm working out and says "Jonathan, are you sweating?" I was.  For some reason, I guess I've been off the Ditropan long enough that my bodies heating and cooling system has come back online.  If for some reason, Chattanooga turns me down again, I will be able to look at a great many more states than I would have previously due to the aforementioned issue.  TX anyone?
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know if you get the Chattanooga home and we can come visit you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
definitely will do.  I still have one form to drop off, couldn't do it today because mom's car decided to act up again (the head gaskets went out yesterday and were redone.  Today, something else went wrong that they're still trying to diagnose.)
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be praying that you get the help you need, whether it be at Chatt. or someplace else.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Got turned down again.  Does God enjoy stomping me? WTF am I supposed to go now? Where am I supposed to do now?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know the answer, but I know that my answers rarely come until I'm at the point where I have no more ideas of what to try, and turn strictly to prayer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wanted you to know you're still in my prayers.  Don't lose faith in God, he will put you in the right place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got turned down again. Does God enjoy stomping me?  WTF am I supposed to go now? Where am I supposed to do now?

IM sent
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:56:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got turned down again. Does God enjoy stomping me?  WTF am I supposed to go now? Where am I supposed to do now?

IM sent

I usually don't go to bed until 11:30 or so but I hit the hay early last night.  So I just saw it.  I'll fire one back.

As a small update, my mother is looking into other group homes in Knoxville.  This time, ones that require mental retardation to get into.  SINCE I'M NOT RETARDED, they probably won't let me in but we'll see if they'll make an exception for me.  I really want to stay in Knoxville if at all possible.

I think what torpedoed me with Chattanooga was, I went to a psychiatrist to get my short term memory loss re certified.  I do have some impairments and on paper that must have looked fairly scary.  The psychiatrist told me (I don't remember if he documented it) that most people when talking to me will never be able to tell there's a problem, it just comes out in the testing. I figure the memory loss is what screwed me but I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#11]
prayers sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top