Page / 3
Posted: 3/6/2008 1:21:41 PM EDT
Discuss.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If he is, it will become obviuos.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
If he is then Oprah is the false prophet....  actually I heard a pretty good video that claimed the anti-christ is Prince Hassan bin Talal check out - Joe Van Koevering's Unveiling the Man of Sin book
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
No, but I think he aspires to be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody on here good with scripture and revelations, have some insight?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've taken a couple classes on end-times prophecy and am in one right now taught by a Messianic Jew on Revelation.  It is unlikely that Obama is the AC - most scholars believe the AC will come out of eastern europe and somehow will have a connection to Rome - a lot believe he will actually be from Rome.  Like I mentioned before though the book Unveiling the Man of Sin gives pretty good credibility to the theory that he may be muslim.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
since he hasn't fulfilled a single prophecy yet, I'm going to say no.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but doesn't the anti-christ come after
The Rapture?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Rapture?

I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#12]
If he isn't, he would most likely give him the keys to the store.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The Rapture?

Yes the majority consensus is that he does - however he may already be on the world political scene first.  When I try to encourage people to prepare and run into the 'I'm not worried - I'll be raptured' argument - I tell them that the anti-christ is supposed to take power right after the church is raptured - that means things have to already be so bad in the world that every single country (iran, n korea, russia, USA etc etc) is willing to cede sovereignty over to ONE man - I think it will be pretty bad for quite a while before the rapture in order for that scenario to be the only way everyone in the world thinks that things could get better.  That make sense?  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
he is not

he does not fit the profile

wrong side of the pond

he is just the pied piper

What scripture discusses where he will be born?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
The sum total of verses that mention the "antichrist" . . .

1John 2:18 — Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1John 2:22 — Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1John.4:3  — And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John.1:7  — For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

A few points, based on these scriptures:
• there are MANY antichrists
• these antichrists existed even "now" (at the time John was writing, 2,000 years ago)
• it was the "last time" at the time John was writing
• an antichrist is one who denies the that Jesus is the Christ.
• an antichrist is on who denies the father and the son
• there is a SPIRIT of antichrist
• the spirit of antichrist had come at the time John was writing (2,000 years ago)
• there were MANY antichrist in the world at the time of John

Anything beyond this is just man's ideas and opinions. The book of Revelation does not mention an antichrist at all. Some people assume "the beast" is the same as the antichrist, but the scriptures don't ever say this.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Rapture?

Do you have a scriptural reference for this "rapture"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Rapture?

Ask and ye shall receive.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17: "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't we need the Third Temple built before even considering this?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#20]
But where in the Bible does it discuss the nationality or place of birth of the anti-christ?
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Rapture?

Ask and ye shall receive.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17: "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

I can walk you through that verse, comparing it to similar phrasing Paul uses in other passages of his writing, and show you that what he's talking about is a coming of Christ within an individual's own life but you wouldn't believe me. Let's just leave it at this. The word "rapture" isn't used. You (and many others) just assume this verse describes some literal/physical carrying away of believers. If true, this verse stands totally alone in all of scripture, describing such an event. You will find few, if any, other references to such an event.

Jesus said, concerning his coming: "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

In the days of "Noe", it was the unbelievers who were taken ("the flood came and took them all away"). They DIED!  If you want to build an end time doctrine on one verse, why don't you use this one?  It's much clearer.

ETA: If there is indeed a rapture, and you are taken away and I'm not, can I have your guns?
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
But where in the Bible does it discuss the nationality or place of birth of the anti-christ?

Again, what we KNOW about "antichrist" comes from four verses:

1John 2:18 — Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1John 2:22 — Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1John.4:3 — And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John.1:7 — For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Christ WAS the Third Temple
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christ WAS the Third Temple

What are you guys referring to? Third temple? Can you provide a scriptural reference? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I was referring more to the scriptures in Revelation. Where it a talks about the beast.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]
It depends
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I was referring more to the scriptures in Revelation. Where it a talks about the beast.

Do you mean the one with seven heads and ten horns — the one that looks like a leopard, with feet like a bear and the mouth of a lion?
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#29]
You might check out raptureready.com it has some pretty good info on this subject
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You might check out raptureready.com it has some pretty good info on this subject

Wow! That's quite a bunch of stuff. Clearly, I'm not prepared . . .

So, can I have your guns once y'all are raptured?
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The Rapture?

2 Thessalonians 2:1  ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3  ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Link Posted: 3/8/2008 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I thought I was the only one that thought he is.

Prib
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Rapture?

2 Thessalonians 2:1  ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3  ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

You and I had a discussion about this verse in another thread recently. I guess I didn't convince you. But others may be interested in another take on the verse. Rather than type it all out again, I'll just quote the most relevant post from that discussion. Just on the odd chance that people won't take the time to read and actually consider what I've written (yeah, right . . . . . . ) here's the reader's digest version:

The "man of sin" is YOU!

Not just you, but you and me and all of us individually. It is our "old man" (a Biblical term) that must be revealed and overcome before there can be a coming of Christ in our own lives. It is our old ideas, and ways of thinking, that sit in the temple (the one between our two ears) and plays god in our life. THAT's the guy who must be overcome. It's the guy in the mirror, our old self, that exalts himself and opposes all that is called God. It is US who stands in the way of Christ entering our lives. No other human being has as much power over us as our "old man," the "former conversation, "the 'man' of sin."

"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."

Now, for your reading pleasure, my previous post:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The "son of perdition" that needs to be identified is our own "old man." Look inward for the man of sin, not outward. ISn't it our own "old man" who sits in the temple -- the one between our two ears -- and calls himself God. Isn't that really the "MAN" that must be overcome: our own will, our own body of sin, our own old self? Come on, you know THAT GUY in the mirror is a bigger roadblock to your own spiritual growth than any other person in the world. WE are the one that needs to "fall away" to make way for Christ.

Bladeswitcher, I kind of get where you are coming from about "the old man". However, I don't think this passage is referring to that concept. Here is more context further down in the chapter:

2 Thessalonians 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

There are two ways God deals with sinful man, either he falls on the Rock, or the Rock falls on him:

Luke 20:18  Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

It seems the "son of perdition" will be utterly destroyed, and not just broken.

I'm with you, now consider what you've quoted and written in the context of Paul's words in the 3rd Chapter of 1 Corinthians:

[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
[17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Our TEMPLE (v. 16) is our mind. THat is the temple where we worship God (not in some building somewhere). Our works are not just our physical deeds but our thoughts, ideas, doctrines, etc. When we start on a spiritual journey much of our works is made up of what Paul calls THE OLD MAN (and in another place, the "man of perdition"). This is what he refers to as "wood, hay and stubble (non-eternal things). We are going to try those works with FIRE -- the scripture tells us that God is a fire/God's word is a fire/his preachers are flames of fire. It is the words of God that will try our house. The wood, hay and stubble will be destroyed -- this is consistent with verses that say Jesus will burn up the unprofitable part (i.e. chaff) with fire. In other words, the old man must be destroyed. On the other hand, the eternal stuff, the gold, silver, etc. is what we use to build our temple. These are the truths of God. So, all of this describes a process of identifying "sin" in our lives and destroying it, replacing it with good. That's how the man of perdition is identified and God can reign in his kingdom.

The scriptures describe spiritual things. THose who look for natural physical understanding err and miss the point. Again, don't look outward for the boogie man. Look inward.

Take care . . .

ETA: More on the "old man" all written by the same man who referred to the man of sin/son of perdition . . .

Rom 6:6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.
(8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
[9] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Col 3:[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man
, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Eph 4:[22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
[23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
[24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I guess we'll know soon enough huh?

If he is than there is nothing we can do about it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2008 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well, I guess we'll know soon enough huh?

If he is than there is nothing we can do about it.

If I actually believed there was going to be a person who was the antichrist, I'd put my money on Hillary, long before Obama . . .  
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#36]

"He said the new sheriff is near."
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

1John.4:3  — And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John.1:7  — For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

• these antichrists existed even "now" (at the time John was writing, 2,000 years ago)
• the spirit of antichrist had come at the time John was writing (2,000 years ago)

Anything beyond this is just man's ideas and opinions. The book of Revelation does not mention an antichrist at all. Some people assume "the beast" is the same as the antichrist, but the scriptures don't ever say this.

Thank you BladeSwitcher!

I am a solid dispensationalist, but a balanced one also. There is no sign for the rapture, it is imminent. Nothing must happen first to "allow" Christ to rapture His Bride. We could go another several thousand years without it happening, but we must live as if He will come for us at any time. Prophecy is great because its in the Bible. We need to understand and know what Scripture says about the future, but we need to put it in it's proper place. What Christians need most is how to live right now, at this very moment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#38]
No, he is not.

Holy Scripture clearly teaches that the antichrist is many things.  He
1) Will come from within Christendom
2) Will be some kind of authority figure within Christendom
3) Will use his position of authority to promote false doctrine.  In so doing, he will lead people away from Christ and from eternal salvation

Barack Obama is none of these.
Also note, the antichrist doesn't necessarily need be one individual man.  Anyone in a position of authority within Christendom who uses that position to preach false doctrine thereby leading people away from Christ, faith, and salvation could be considered an antichrist.
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

3) Will use his position of authority to promote false doctrine.  In so doing, he will lead people away from Christ and from eternal salvation . . . .

Can you provide scriptural references for these clear teachings, please?
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3) Will use his position of authority to promote false doctrine.  In so doing, he will lead people away from Christ and from eternal salvation . . . .

Can you provide scriptural references for these clear teachings, please?

Some have been mentioned by other posters.  Hold those passages up next to 2 Thess. 2:3-12 and Rev. 13:11-13

But judging by the attitude on here, it sounds like unless the passages explicitly say "antichrist", the connection won't be made in anyone's mind and as such, I won't be able to help you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Some have been mentioned by other posters.  Hold those passages up next to 2 Thess. 2:3-12 and Rev. 13:11-13

But judging by the attitude on here, it sounds like unless the passages explicitly say "antichrist", the connection won't be made in anyone's mind and as such, I won't be able to help you.

I've already addressed 2 Thes and showed that Paul is referring to our "old man" and not another individual. You can read back a few posts if you're interested in my thoughts on these verses. But more to your point, other than referring to "the temple", I don't know what this verse has to do with "Christendom" since Christians at the time of Paul didn't meet in temples.

As for Rev. 13 (quoted below), won't it be pretty easy to spot the Antichrist if he has two horns like a lamb and speaks like a dragon? How does a dragon speak, anyway? And what do these verses have to do with "Christendom" or an "authority figure with Christendom"? Is "Christendom" the first beast?

Rev 13: [11] And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
[12] And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
[13] And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Just thought I would bring this back up. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

In Daniel 9:26-27 it states:

26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.'  In the middle of the 'seven'  he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. "

So essentially Daniel is saying that the Ruler (anti-christ) will come from the people that destroy the temple. This could not have been Titus in A.D.70 as he wasn't the ruler mentioned in Daniel because that "Ruler" will set up a treaty with Israel for 7 years (which never happened), he will end "Sacrifices and Offerings" (which means they have to be happening again and for them to happen again the Temple must be rebuilt), and will desecrate the Temple (again it hasn't happened since the Temple was destroyed in A.D.70).

What isn't known is which part of the Roman Empire the anti-christ will come from or have attachments to.

When it comes to Eschatology, you have to understand Biblical Prophecy in the same terms, using the same background of those times to help figure things out. Many people believe that Revelations is allegorical and shouldn't be taken literally... That style of writing (Book of Revelations) is called Apocalyptic Writing, which is essentially writing that portends visions of future times in the bible. Prophets often wrote in this style (Daniel is just one example).

Also, for Blade since you stated that we are the anti-christ, that the AC is in us... is a bit deceiving in and of itself.

The Son of Perdition, The Man of Sin... seems to refer to specific:

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

That seems to speak of an Evil Individual, not a collective group of men with evil in their hearts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#44]
My grandma,shortly before she died last year at 79 years old, said she saw dark black and satan-like eyes in him and she was serious. Now, whenevr I see him, I see those evil eyes. That is enogh to convince me that he is something evil, maybe not the anti-christ, but something evil. Next time you see him, look into his eyes.

andy
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#45]
The Obama-Nation that causes desolation, er, I mean Abomination.

Just kidding! I really doubt the validity of each and every word in the bible, so I currently take a more laid back approach. FYI, I believe in the Christain God. I simply do not take a literal view.

Still, it does seem that the far left is associated with many things we (I) consider "evil".

Franklin
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#46]
If you don't believe in Christ, you can't believe in an anti-Christ.

Vote: No
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#47]
He's too stupid to be a candidate - honestly he's hailed as messiah by only half the Democrats and the dumber half. The real anti-Christ will be unnaturally popular.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#48]
height=8
Quoted:

That really should read, "Anything including this" is just mans ideas and opinions. The Bible is a work of collected thoughts and stories, as told to men by men on the topic of the Holy, passed on to teach and inspire.

And this thread is wildly insulting...

-Peter
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Wanna be Commie dictator elitist pig racist.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Not THE, just one of many of them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top