Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2007 9:32:49 AM EDT

I just had an interesting talk with a customer who said he was shown by GOD, a secret numeric code hidden in the bible, after fasting for fourty days and nights.

This man went as far as writing a book with a DVD to explain what he found. I have a copy of it that he gave me before he left.

By what he had found he truely believed that Jesus would return to us in 2004 and he even spent everything he had and had gotten rid of everything because he didn't expect there to be anything resembling life as we know it after that year.

Do you think there is any secret code or message in the bible?

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Do you think there is any secret code or message in the bible?

I'm sure that God has figured out that humanity isn't all that bright and any secret messages in the bible would be a waste of good subtlety.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw something about this on the History Channel (I think) about a year or so ago.

Many Jewish scholars believe it, and they apparently have statistics to back it up.  It supposedly makes Nostradamus-like predictions, such as Hitler, 9/11, etc.

I found it interesting, but I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The reason I found this interesting is because my father FIRMLY believes he has also found what he calls "The Solomon Formula".

I think he's crazy. It drives him mad that I won't stop my LIFE and devote ALL of my time to research it and spread the word and also prepare for the end of the world.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Since there is usually an end of the world date given in these things, I discount them.

Many scriptures state that no one knows the time of the Second Coming of Christ, so if somebody says they know, I don't believe them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]

I just had an interesting talk with a customer who said he was shown by GOD, a secret numeric code hidden in the bible, after fasting for fourty days and nights.

You would have thought God had given you special revelation if you had not eaten right for 40 days too.

The Bible doesn't need special codes. It sends a very clear message to mankind.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The Bible specifically says no one knows when the end is coming but God. Why would He put a code in the bible to the contrary?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top