Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2007 6:55:20 PM EDT
I find that it's very difficult to seperate God from Israel in almost any discussion. Someone posts a picture of Hamas in Gaza and a secular discussion is allowed to take place while seclar folks denounce this and that and pronounce that God, the bible and so on are merely folklore and such and use their worldly wisdom to defend a pro Palestinian view and all is fine and good.But almost as soon as a Christian steps in and starts explaining his view  using God and the bible to back up his beliefs the mods will shut it down while saying the topic has gotten way off track and was never meant to be a Sunday school lesson on such. I am seeing a bias by almost evey forum I belong to when God or his word is mentioned to explain current world issues.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You should like it here then because anyone who is condescending toward christianity is automatically a troll.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't mind a difference of opinion, I just want to be able to state mine with equal consideration as those with secular views. I keep hearing things like "we have members from all over the world with different views"  and so on.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I find that it's very difficult to seperate God from Israel in almost any discussion. Someone posts a picture of Hamas in Gaza and a secular discussion is allowed to take place while seclar folks denounce this and that and pronounce that God, the bible and so on are merely folklore and such and use their worldly wisdom to defend a pro Palestinian view and all is fine and good.But almost as soon as a Christian steps in and starts explaining his view  using God and the bible to back up his beliefs the mods will shut it down while saying the topic has gotten way off track and was never meant to be a Sunday school lesson on such. I am seeing a bias by almost evey forum I belong to when God or his word is mentioned to explain current world issues.

I have a very strong faith in God, but I do not believe that we should allow the Bible to shape our foreign policy.
We should figure out if supporting Israel is good for America in this world, if it benefits our interests.
Quoting verses from the Old Testament does not quite satisfy that requirement.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I also have a strong faith in God and beleive that his policy concerning Israel is what is best for any country and as far as quoting scripture goes I recall Jesus using it quite often and as far as I know God according to the word has not changed and according to him supporting Israel is any countries best interest.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I also have a strong faith in God and beleive that his policy concerning Israel is what is best for any country and as far as quoting scripture goes I recall Jesus using it quite often and as far as I know God according to the word has not changed.

Yes, but remember that God's kingdom is in the next world, and that compromises must be made in this world.
Also, I don't think that Israel spying on us, attacking out ships, selling our technology to the chinese, and not notifying us of the beirut barracks bombing is what is best for America.

IMO, when Israel and Babylon are spoken of in the NT, those names are metaphors.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
We can agree to disagree as I chose to err on God's view of the issue. But my issue in posting was to see if others are seeing or getting this secular bias. I see Israel like my son, I don't stop loving him when he disobeys and he knows he is subject to the consequences of his behavior.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We can agree to disagree as I chose to err on God's view of the issue. But my issue in posting was to see if others are seeing or getting this secular bias.

I understand.
As the West becomes more secular, you will find more and more keeping religion in their private lives, and using other belief systems to shape their political beliefs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top