Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that Barney Miller?

Oh wait...that's Hal Linden.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Somone's ability to predict the future, based on a statement made in 2002 that the US is going to be in Iraq for a while, well, that wasn't exactly an earthbreaking statement in 2002.

They're fruitcakes.  Their predictions have as much validity as my prediction that I'll either sprout wings and learn to fly, or I will take a dump, whichever comes first, within the next 24 hours.

And its more US-bashing from europe.  No big surprise there either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about "LEAP" but we have put ourselves on slippery footing since the demise of the "Gold Standard". Being able to buy oil with Euro's will have an effect. It may be slow or not much but it won't be good for US at all. When the oil Magnates take the currency of higher value do you think it could be good for US in any way? Imagine the cost of a gallon of gas then?

I don't know if a 1929 situation is in the making, I don't know enough about it. But I see the potential for problems if we can't control our Govt spending. And if we took the printing more money route it would guarantee a 1929 senario.

The banks would suddenly own alot of homes that we have over extended ourselves on. Since I am a poor man in a double wide about paid off it would be funny to me.  To see someone homeless that wouldn't let a man put a trailer on a lot next to them because thats what they could afford, would really be funny. I don't see that happening anytime soon though.

But its March and the 20th is around the corner. Let's sit back and watch the market!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know about "LEAP" but we have put ourselves on slippery footing since the demise of the "Gold Standard" . . .

I admit that I don't know much about the gold standard but I'm curious about something. Assuming the U.S. economy was to be backed by the known quantity of gold under U.S. control, what would the price of gold be today?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top