Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:52:24 AM EDT
Alright I have a few more questions about this.

I was watching the Way of the Master and some questions come to mind.

1.  Why do born again Christians attack other religons?  IE Catholics and non Born again people.

2.  If you are a catholic are you screwed out of heaven because of your religon.

3.  Why do Born again Christians have no respect for other religons?

4.  How many here are Born again Christians?

FYI I have already accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior.

Thanks for the input

Max
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

1.  Why do born again Christians attack other religons?  IE Catholics and non Born again people.

People are stupid. Being "born again" doesn't cure it immediately. They obviously need to cast the beams out of their own eyes before looking at the slivers in other peoples eyes.

2.  If you are a catholic are you screwed out of heaven because of your religon.

See James 1:26-27.

Huh? Do you still beat your wife? You type this from the most religiously free country on the planet founded by christians seeking religious freedom and ask that question.

+1

Thanks for the input

Max

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Contrasting the difference between Biblical Christianity and man-nade religions (whether they refer to themselves as "Christian" or not) is not an attack.  The people involved in the religions may perceive it as such.  That still does not make it an attack.  It is just an easy thing to claim victim status by saying someone who points out that a "Christian religion" is not Christian is an "attack."

Trusting any religion and its requisite works is not saving faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ

I do not know if you framed your question just right...  "respect other religions" ....but Christians speak out against religions because religions are man's way of trying to make themselves acceptable to God.  They all fail.  People certainly have every right be be religious if they so choose.

???

Thanks for the input

Max

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

1. LOADED QUESTION! (just like asking someone "Why do you beat your wife?" or "Why are Muslims terrorists?")

If you are genuinely wondering why some Christians are persecuted and ridiculed for sharing with other people that belief in Jesus Christ's crucifixion & resurrection is the only way to get to heaven, it's because that is precisely what Jesus Christ Himself said while on earth.

If Christians "attack" other religions, it's on philosophy, theology, and doctrine and not in the manner of "physical attacks" toward people of other religions.

2. This is an honest question.

Generally, Catholics are considered to be Christians. According to Christian teaching, as long as a person accepts Jesus Christ as their personal savior, they will go to heaven.  If you are Catholic and accept  Jesus Christ's atonement for your sins, you'll be saved.  However, some Catholics consider themselves Catholic and not Christian.

There is a separation that exists between Catholics and a portion of non-Catholic Christians because some of the Catholic doctrine and practices are not found in the Bible.

3. ANOTHER LOADED QUESTION!

Disrespecting other religions is not endorsed by Christian beliefs. Christians simply try to follow Jesus Christ's teachings. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) Make no mistake, if Jesus Christ were here on earth TODAY, saying these words, he would be called intolerant, selfish, narrow-minded, and disrespectful by the rest of the world's religions. Christians follow a jealous God who will not tolerate sin or His people worshipping anything else but Him.

4. Why is that relevant? I am a born again Christian.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Max

When you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, your were "born again" and became a Chrsitian.  "Born again Christian" is redundant.

Since you are a "Born again Christian" you can now answer your own questions.  

John 3

ETA:  Oh yeah, I'm one of those "Born again Christians."  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't speak for anyone else. I can't say that my track record is perfect as I'm not perfect. I consider being "born again" an (often feeble) attempt at living my life according to the way Christ lived His life while here on earth.

Having said that.......

Quoted:

I do not "attack" other religions. IF ASKED, I'll explain my position and gently explain why I believe there is only one way to Heaven which is through Jesus Christ.

I believe that the Bible is very clear on what is required of men to get into Heaven, as far as I know Catholics are encouraged to read the Bible for themselves. So, no I don't believe you are "screwed out of Heaven" because of Catholicism.

Christianity teaches that there is only one way to the Father (God) and that way is through trusting in the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made 2000 years ago on Calvary. He shed His blood and died to wash away the sin of every human being that ever lived once and for all. His shed blood is the only way to recieve forgiveness of sin. So it's not a lack of respect, it's an assurance or confidence that you are on the right way.  As you follow Christ you become more and more convinced by His relationship with you and your's with Him.

I consider myself one.

Thanks for the input

Max

Thanks for the question(s).
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys I really appreciate your input.  I plead some ingnorance in the area of religon.  I am catholic but I have been reading more about Christianity and I am trying to better myself as a man and a follower of Jesus Christ.  

BTW I consider myself a Christian, since I feel by saying your catholic it kind of alienates other Christians.

I also have been watching the Way of the Master on the Bible Network and it has made me reflect on some areas of my life.

I am a blasphemer and sinner overall but I am trying to make corrections as we speak.

Max
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Good answers, Aerospace_Engineer & bvmjethead.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Guys I really appreciate your input.  I plead some ingnorance in the area of religon.  I am catholic but I have been reading more about Christianity and I am trying to better myself as a man and a follower of Jesus Christ.  

BTW I consider myself a Christian, since I feel by saying your catholic it kind of alienates other Christians.

I also have been watching the Way of the Master on the Bible Network and it has made me reflect on some areas of my life.

I am a blasphemer and sinner overall but I am trying to make corrections as we speak.

Max

You're doing what every good Christian should do (regardless of your denominational title).  True Christianity is not a destination, but a journey.  It means "christ-like".  We all endeavor to be like Jesus; although none of us acheive that goal, we can all go improve ourselves daily.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thanks for the input

Max

1. I personally Don't hink we "attack" other religions, so much as try to convert them.  The bible calls us to "go into all nations, baptizing..." and i believe that is what we need to do, we are not "attacking"
2. Beats me, i don't know everything
3. hmm.... see #2...
4. I am!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

All Christains are Born again. you are using a term in the definition that the adversary twisted the meaning of. REjoice for you hae been born again.

We are screwed out of heven by our sins. The elect are everywhere in every walks of life and in churches others may find heretical. Yes many churches have systems thought to be corrupt but there is no reason to attack and tear down those in them. I am not Roman CAtholic and never will be but I do not feel those who are to be unsaved and my enemies. I pray for them.

I honestly have no respect for a system that I truly feel is contradictory to the Gospel or is what is disgraceful to the sacrifice of Christ. Why would any Christian respect that? However do not know who in other religions are Gods elect and I am to preach them the gospel, preach the truth that I am convicted and convinced of in an earnest concern for their souls hoping they turn. Other than that I can do nothing and should do nothing else but pray. Respectt heir systems? No. Tolerate maybe and certainly not hate those who are in them (difficult at times especially if there are radicals in them I deem dangerous) I can respect the person in them but not their systems I beleive to be in error.

I am by the grace of God. I was an enemy of God. I hated God, I freely chose to displease and anger Him because it was my nature to do so. I loved mocking Him, I hated Christians and thought of them as wild eyed freaks with tracts to pass out. I was "Just as the others" as God has declared us all. He saved my against my will (for it was my will to reject Him) and I thank Him eternally for it. I owe it all to Him as I did nothing to deserve it (no ones deserves it). I belong in Hell just as the others. God saved me according to the kind intention of His will. I was dead in sin and he gave me life, opened my heart, my ears and my eyes. I can now choose Him as I am free from the bonds of sin. I no longer have to serve my sinful nature. No longer a slave to sin but now a slave to God and its awesome. Becuase God freed me,  I want to serve Him and I do s willingly because He broke the bonds of sin , the sin that prevented me from comming to Him. Had it not been ENTIRELY for Him I would be lost. BEcause He first loved me and savedme, I fee the urge to do as He wills.  I am finally free to serve God.  

Then you are a Born Again Christian. Thank God for it. Had it not been for Him, you would be lost.

Thanks for the input

Max

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top