Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 6:33:52 PM EDT
I screwed up another persons thread because of my bias against that person. I appologise to the forum and Old Guy in particular for hijacking it and getting the thread locked. Thats not normally my thing to go and do that sort of stuff but perhaps it has been of late. I guess I have some things to sort out.

Here is the link that Old Guy posted
www.harpers.org/ExcerptTheChristianParadox.html

As he said, please post your thoughts as I doubt he wanted it to get hijacked like it did.

ETA I meant thoughts on his topic, not Old Guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts?

My thoughts are that he attacks and belittles Christianity every chance he gets, taking advantage of the fact that no Christian of good conscience will attack the Jewish faith.

I just ignore the little man these days.

Maybe I have some stuff to work out, too, but that's the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My thoughts?

My thoughts are that he attacks and belittles Christianity every chance he gets, taking advantage of the fact that no Christian of good conscience will attack the Jewish faith.

Yet several self-proclaimed "christians" here will do the exact same attacking and belittling of other religions, even in this forum (muslims, pagans, etc).

The difference is the "christians" have the "but my god tells us to preach to the philistines" excuse to go hide behind.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My thoughts?

Yet several self-proclaimed "christians" here will do the exact same attacking and belittling of other religions, even in this forum (muslims, pagans, etc).

The difference is the "christians" have the "but my god tells us to preach to the philistines" excuse to go hide behind.

...and muslims have the "The Koran commands me to either enslave, convert or kill all non-believers.

What is your point?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sounds like you have a burr under your saddle, lad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Old guy is a troll, He has no trouble jumping in a thread to bash Christians.

If any one started bashing Judiasm , he would probably cry like a littlle girl.
people like him can dish it out  but cant take it.

dont feel bad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My thoughts?

That is a little harsh. True, I belittle Christianity from time to time,but there just is not enough time in the day to do so every time the opportunity presents itself.

Believe me, that are enough Christians of questionable conscience to attack the Jewish faith so that I do not feel like I am taking advantage.

Think so?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My thoughts?

I didnt mean your thoughts on Old Guy. Please thats not what I wanted this thread to be about. I felt responsible for getting his thread locked and wanted it to be opened up for discussion without the hijack I pulled off. It was wrong for me to let my personal feelings jump like that and if he wanted actual open minded discussion  then I prevented it. I felt that his thread should be given a fair chance despite my misgivings and bias against him. Yes I still see his thread as one of his usual tactics but I shold be more open and consider he may have had other motives.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My thoughts?

Very few clean hands in this ordeal.  

I count myself among the guilty

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My thoughts?

Very few clean hands in this ordeal.  

I count myself among the guilty

I don't think anyone's hands are completely clean when it comes to religion, myself included.

dvr9 - my point is that christians are not perfect, as much as some would like to think they are.  I used christians here as an example because there are quite a few of them, and quite a few of them here are quite vocal about it.  We don't have too many vocal muslims here.

Brohawk - Yes, I do.  I'm tired of the self-proclaimed christians being so intolerant of any other religion here.  I have seen my beliefs trashed every time they come up.  At least now VA-gunnut tries to keep it in control.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Who gives a rat's ass what the OldGuy thinks about anything?

Please.

Be reasonable.

Eric The(HideouslyTruthful)Hun
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:48:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:49:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Read post above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top