BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 3:06:16 AM EDT
www.israelnn.com/tv.php?video_id=1555

Temple Institute

Fast forward to the 9 minute mark.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm patiently awaiting the rebuilding of the Third Temple myself!

May God Bless the Temple Mount Faithful.....

Eric The(AndEveryEyeShallBeholdHim)Hun
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Fascinating, but... what about the Ark of the Covenant?  Is it available to place in any reconstructed Temple?

Somewhat unrelated is the question of the Davidian monarchy.  I've read that there is an individual that the reconstituted Sanhedrin has identified as the most direct living descendant of King David and that he is ready to assume the throne, but... Israelis don't seem inclined to give him the time of day, let alone reinstitute the monarchy.

While I don't claim any validated knowledge of Israeli public opinion, their collective interest and enthusiasm for some of these religious/historical issues seems a bit underwhelming.  My impression is that the prevailing Israeli opinion is really very secular.  Have you been to Israel or do you know many Israelis?  If so, what is your view of Israeli opinion on these matters?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't get it to play :(

could someone give my a synopsis?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]

but... what about the Ark of the Covenant?  Is it available to place in any reconstructed Temple?

No. It is lost in some big government warehouse. Didn't you watch Indiana Jones?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fascinating, but... what about the Ark of the Covenant?  Is it available to place in any reconstructed Temple?

In Heaven, I truly believe.

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: Revelations 11:19a

My impression is that the prevailing Israeli opinion is really very secular.  Have you been to Israel or do you know many Israelis?  If so, what is your view of Israeli opinion on these matters?

From the Israelis who I know, they are about as unconcerned with it as your typical Midwestern Methodist might be.

Shame.

Eric The(Eschatological)Hun
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can't get it to play :(

could someone give my a synopsis?

The tape is an interview and video pictorial that shows how some, probably a very small faction, of Israelis are preparing for a reconstruction of the Temple by attempting to reconstruct the clothing worn by the Temple priests, and the ritual tools and furnishings of the Temple.

I suspect that only a very small minority of Jews/Israelis really care.  My wife is related to a Kohanim who eats shrimp though his wife (who he shouldn't have married under Jewish law) tries to be radically kosher.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Their are many  Houses that are part of the Davidic Dynasty through Solomon. (The Messianic Bloodlines) The House of Elfendari, The House of Paretz and the House of Dayan. And yes Rabbi Yosef Dayan is a likely candidate.

According to traditional Jewish sources, the Ark never left the Temple Mount. It is still under there. Another popular theory is it is in the Vatican.

As far as how many care. There are about 15 million Jews in the world. Probably a third care and a million or so are serious.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

According to traditional Jewish sources, the Ark never left the Temple Mount. It is still under there. Another popular theory is it is in the Vatican.

No way! LOL!  I recall a political cartoon I saw many years ago when the Vatican objected to something the state of Israel was doing.  The cartoon showed all these helicopters displaying the Star of David landing in Saint Peter's and disgorging platoons of IDF soldiers.  One of the soldiers was shown asking a shocked Swiss Guard, "How many divisions ya got here?"
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

but... what about the Ark of the Covenant?  Is it available to place in any reconstructed Temple?

No. It is lost in some big government warehouse. Didn't you watch Indiana Jones?

i love it....lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i love it....lol

"What's that?"
"The Ark of the Convenant."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."

Isn't there a theory that the Ark is in a church in Etheopia?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top