Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:48:59 AM EDT
I've emailed them and let them know I don't support this. Please do the same  [email protected]

New NBC Show Called Anti-Christian Bigotry

The American Family Association (AFA) says NBC’s new show "The Book of Daniel” is an example of that network’s anti-Christian bigotry.

AFA reported that NBC has received over 400,000 emails complaining about the program, scheduled to begin in January. In addition, local affiliates are being pounded with hundreds of phone calls asking them not to carry the program.

NBC touts the show as a serious drama about Christian people and the Christian faith. The main character is Daniel Webster, a drug-addicted Episcopal priest whose wife depends heavily on her mid-day martinis.

The network and other press reports state that Webster regularly sees and talks with a very unconventional white-robed, bearded Jesus.

The Webster family is rounded out by a 23-year-old homosexual Republican son, a 16-year-old drug- dealing daughter and a 16-year-old adopted son who is having sex with the bishop’s daughter. Webster’s lesbian secretary is sleeping with his sister-in-law.
According to an article by Religion News Service, the series is written by Jack Kenny, a practicing homosexual, who describes himself as being "in Catholic recovery,” interested in Buddhist teachings about reincarnation, and unsure exactly how he defines God and/or Jesus.

"I don’t necessarily know that all the myth surrounding him (Jesus) is true,” Kenny said at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.

"The decision by NBC to air the series reflects the anti-Christian bias which exists at the highest levels of the network,” said Donald E. Wildmon, chairman of AFA.

"Christian bashing is in style at NBC,” the United Methodist minister said.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet this 'comedy' won't make it past the first half-season.

'One-liners' from Jesus should be from the Beatitudes or the Similtudes, not from the pen of some jerk from Manhattan's gay community.

Eric The(Orthodox)Hun
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it actually possible for NBC to sink any lower?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#3]
After laying out the money for a 32" HDTV this past year, I see less and less reason to turn it on.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Rwmember what happened to that show about Reagan?

I wonder if this thing will actually stay on past the pilot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top