Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 4:29:52 PM EDT
One of the doctors that I work with is from a small town in North Carolina. We have some GREAT theological discussions. He had a TOTALLY different idea of what Catholics were before he met me.

Today we were talking about Ferraris and that's when he told me the one about Fiat and the Vatican. He told me that the Vatican owns 60% of Fiat and then went ahead and purchased Ferrari so the Church could make more money. As I started to tell him that he was misinformed, he told me that Fiat actually pays the Vatican in gold bullion. I never laughed so hard. He told me that EVERYBODY in North Carolina knows that the Catholics are the owners of Fiat and Ferarri. After he did a search on history of Fiat, we were both laughing.

We were looking up Catholic myths and we found an  even better one where Col. Sanders offered the Pope $100 million dollars to change the Lord's Pray from "give us this day, our daily bread" to "give us this day, our daily fried chicken". We laughed SO HARD with that one....

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
 There's lots of things many of us think we know, but in reality are just often repeated lies.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
One day, Col. Sanders called up the Vatican and asked to speak to the Pope.  Once he got the Holy father on the phone, has had a proposal for him: "For 2 million dollars per year, would you change the Lord's Prayer to say 'give us this day our daily chicken'?".  Without hesitation, the Pope replies "Absolutely not!", and hangs up.  A Cardinal in the room has overheard the conversion and asked the Pope "Father, why did you not at least consider the proposal?  Two million dollars is a lot of money.".  The Pope's reply: "Would you have me cancel our contract with Wonder Bread?!"

That's how I remember it :)
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
***Edited<va-gunnut>***
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
A cardinal rushes into the Pope's office one day, exclaiming, "I've got good news and bad news!"

The Pope asks him what the good news is.  He replies, "I just got a call from Jesus!"

"Well if you just got a call from Jesus, how could there be any bad news?" the Pope asks.

"He was calling from Salt Lake City."
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes sense to me... the Catholic Church has a pretty big Cathedral in Salt Lake City with a golden motif running around it "even should an angel appear to you teaching a new gospel...."

Jesus can come calling from any city and any nation on earth and still be close to a Catholic parish. Of course, since Our Lord never LEFT us orphans, and He's been in all Catholic Parishes since 33AD it's the most natural thing in the world to expect him to call the Pope.

How weird must it be to go to "church" and not find the Lord? Or think of him as a ghost or historical person only and not someone close to us, someone we can commune with and find "in the breaking of the bread"! Wonder bread indeed. Bread of angels. The new Mana come down from heaven, but not as our fathers ate, but something new.  

What a joy to have the Lord so close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top