Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:19:54 PM EDT
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Flagler/03FlaglerFLAG01120605.htm

Witch says fellow pagan out to get her

By JANETTE NEUWAHL
Staff Writer

Last update: December 06, 2005

PALM COAST -- It was close to midnight on Sunday and Jill Pagan -- who practices paganism and calls herself a witch -- was getting settled into bed when she heard a crash. It sounded like something might have fallen.

Upon investigation, Pagan discovered that her home's white aluminum door had a large gash in it. And just to the right, a large chunk of concrete was sitting in a flowerpot with a note attached to it by rubber bands. She immediately recognized a handwritten note in an ancient language called Theban, which she said is used almost exclusively by witches.

Pagan called a Flagler County sheriff's deputy to her family's home, but no report has been filed on the incident, sheriff's office spokeswoman Debra Johnson said Monday.

Pagan later translated the message as, " 'You've been warned. Stop what you're doing,' " she said Monday. And it was a way to scare her, her husband and daughter.

Pagan thinks the suspect is someone known to the local pagan community ---- perhaps another pagan familiar with Theban script.

Pagans in Volusia and Flagler counties are a loose-knit group with various beliefs. Some believe in multiple deities, while some follow the Wicca, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian, Druid, African and Native American traditions.

"Someone knew damn well that I was a witch and that I would recognize Theban for what it was," Pagan said, angry at what she calls a hate crime on her Belvedere Lane home.

Pagan wants to know why someone sent such a violent message.

"If you wanted to ask me a question, knock on my door -- don't throw a brick through it," she said. "All my neighbors know and most of them are very cool with it."

Bob Engborg, a retired Daytona Beach police officer who specializes in strange and unusual crimes that involve occult, or hidden beliefs, said Monday he agrees that the note was written in Theban and the suspect most likely is a fellow pagan -- probably someone who dislikes Jill Pagan.

"This sounds like an internal thing between other people of her faith," Engborg said, later adding, "They don't like her and the work she is doing or the way she is doing the work."
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet $5 Bob Engborg did it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Flagler/03FlaglerFLAG01120605.htm

Witch says fellow pagan out to get her

By JANETTE NEUWAHL
Staff Writer

Last update: December 06, 2005

PALM COAST -- It was close to midnight on Sunday and Jill Pagan -- who practices paganism and calls herself a witch -- was getting settled into bed when she heard a crash. It sounded like something might have fallen.

Upon investigation, Pagan discovered that her home's white aluminum door had a large gash in it. And just to the right, a large chunk of concrete was sitting in a flowerpot with a note attached to it by rubber bands. She immediately recognized a handwritten note in an ancient language called Theban, which she said is used almost exclusively by witches.

Pagan called a Flagler County sheriff's deputy to her family's home, but no report has been filed on the incident, sheriff's office spokeswoman Debra Johnson said Monday.

Pagan later translated the message as, " 'You've been warned. Stop what you're doing,' " she said Monday. And it was a way to scare her, her husband and daughter.

Pagan thinks the suspect is someone known to the local pagan community ---- perhaps another pagan familiar with Theban script.

Pagans in Volusia and Flagler counties are a loose-knit group with various beliefs. Some believe in multiple deities, while some follow the Wicca, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian, Druid, African and Native American traditions.

"Someone knew damn well that I was a witch and that I would recognize Theban for what it was," Pagan said, angry at what she calls a hate crime on her Belvedere Lane home.

Pagan wants to know why someone sent such a violent message.

"If you wanted to ask me a question, knock on my door -- don't throw a brick through it," she said. "All my neighbors know and most of them are very cool with it."

Bob Engborg, a retired Daytona Beach police officer who specializes in strange and unusual crimes that involve occult, or hidden beliefs, said Monday he agrees that the note was written in Theban and the suspect most likely is a fellow pagan -- probably someone who dislikes Jill Pagan.

"This sounds like an internal thing between other people of her faith," Engborg said, later adding, "They don't like her and the work she is doing or the way she is doing the work."

So what do you call it when witches burn witches???
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd bet $5 Bob Engborg did it.

Pat Robertson did it.

Shok
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
She's probably an attention whore who concoted the whole thing.   I find it super ironic that her last name is Pagen!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
She's probably an attention whore who concoted the whole thing.   I find it super ironic that her last name is Pagen!

+1

These women that call themselves witches and act wierd with pagan rituals are doing it simply for the reaction from the public.  Just like the teenager with purple spikes in their hair, or a piece of rebar mounted through their nose.  They crave attention, and negative attention is the easiest to get.  And I would bet most of these "persecutions" are made up for more attention.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I dunno but there's gotta be a quote from "The Holy Grail" that someone can throw in here!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
She's probably an attention whore . . . .

That'd be a handy synonym for "Wiccan," which IMO is the hokiest thing going after $cientology. The claimed antiquity of modern-day paganism is complete BS. Wicca is a recent fabrication which somewhat resembles ancient pagan practices. It's exactly as ancient and traditional as it would be if somebody decided next week to open a temple to Mithra or Moloch. There's no continuity.

I am always amused by the insipid claims of oppression of "them," as in "we were hunted and burned by the Church," et c. It wasn't "you," dumbass. It wasn't "your people." It was similarly aliented twits who either fancied themselves witches or were identified as such by the neighbors. They have nothing to do with you. And by the way, what religion were those Romans who crucified, burned, and otherwise beat up on Christians? Pagan, IIRC. Let's compare body counts, attention whore.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno but there's gotta be a quote from "The Holy Grail" that someone can throw in here!

And what do we burn apart from witches?

MORE WITCHES!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what do we burn apart from witches?

MORE WITCHES!!!

she turned me into a newt.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'd be a handy synonym for "Wiccan," which IMO is the hokiest thing going after $cientology. The claimed antiquity of modern-day paganism is complete BS. Wicca is a recent fabrication which somewhat resembles ancient pagan practices. It's exactly as ancient and traditional as it would be if somebody decided nest week opened a temple to Mithra or Moloch. There's no continuity.

I am always amused by the insipid claims of oppression of "them," as in "we were hunted and burned by the Church," et c. It wasn't "you," dumbass. It wasn't "your people." It was similarly aliented twits who either fancied themselves witches or were identified as such by the neighbors. They have nothing to do with you. And by the way, what religion were those Romans who crucified, burned, and otherwise beat up on Christians? Pagan, IIRC. Let's compare body counts, attention whore.

They go out of their way to say things like "oh my goddess" so people will go
I love to hear them talk about "the burning times"
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'd be a handy synonym for "Wiccan," which IMO is the hokiest thing going after $cientology. The claimed antiquity of modern-day paganism is complete BS. Wicca is a recent fabrication which somewhat resembles ancient pagan practices. It's exactly as ancient and traditional as it would be if somebody decided nest week opened a temple to Mithra or Moloch. There's no continuity.

They go out of their way to say things like "oh my goddess" so people will go
I love to hear them talk about "the burning times"

Yup. Like the story was passed down mother-to-daughter through numberless generations of obese estrogen-poisoned mental defectives until the speaker, in her braided willow bassinet in a tiny cottage in a little grove known as "Biff's Trailer Park"  heard it from her own mother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top