Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 8:15:23 AM EDT
My boss, a retired USAF officer, told me of a sermon he recently heard wherein the pastor spoke about a passage in the Old Testament concerning the Children of Israel........pardon my not quoting verse and scripture, but the gist is that God would bless those who blessed the Israelites and curse those who cursed the Israelites............now, the pastor drew parallels to the peace accords and ceding of land to the Palestinians and the pressure that nations have put on them to do so..........he stated that after most of these things occured, that a major disaster has happened...........Clintons admin saw that massive earthquake in San Francisco, and now we are seeing 2 major hurricanes...........quite an interesting take on things. No offense to anyone here intended.........
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
No offense taken!  Honest questions are welcome here.

Check out the New Orleans/Soddom & Gommorah thread in this forum.  There is some related discussion there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw Pat Robertson on the 700 club a few years ago do a story on the same thing.  He linked disasters around the globe to incedents and attacks on Isreal.  The offending country was hit with some type of natural disater within a week or two of its attack on Israel.  Very eye opening story.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies..............I appreciate them.........and this does make you pause and think about it. As a believer, it makes me stop and think about it all
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#4]
One of our Jewish friends here posted a long detailed outline here, an outline that sounds very similar to the sermon you mentioned.

I sure wish I could remember where it was posted - I actually printed a copy of it at home, but I don't have it with me.

It was an awesome read.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My boss, a retired USAF officer, told me of a sermon he recently heard wherein the pastor spoke about a passage in the Old Testament concerning the Children of Israel........pardon my not quoting verse and scripture, but the gist is that God would bless those who blessed the Israelites and curse those who cursed the Israelites............now, the pastor drew parallels to the peace accords and ceding of land to the Palestinians and the pressure that nations have put on them to do so..........he stated that after most of these things occured, that a major disaster has happened...........Clintons admin saw that massive earthquake in San Francisco, and now we are seeing 2 major hurricanes...........quite an interesting take on things. No offense to anyone here intended.........

Nothing offensive, either by post or by comments.  That said, I would posit that there is far less correlation between socio-political events and any G-d inspired malevalency or other disaster other than simply reading too much into current events and un-related, naturally occuring phenomena.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing offensive, either by post or by comments.  That said, I would posit that there is far less correlation between socio-political events and any G-d inspired malevalency or other disaster other than simply reading too much into current events and un-related, naturally occuring phenomena.

Ed

Maybe.  Just don't be too surprised if this "naturally occuring phenomena" starts happening at a much higher frequency than usual.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw Pat Robertson on the 700 club a few years ago do a story on the same thing.  He linked disasters around the globe to incedents and attacks on Isreal.  The offending country was hit with some type of natural disater within a week or two of its attack on Israel.  Very eye opening story.

By that 'logic', Egypt, Iran, Syria, and so-called 'Palestine' should have long since been wiped out by said disasters.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup.

This rabid pro Israel thing based on Old Testament Mosaic scripture is total bunk. Israel turned its back on God and He allowed them to be destroyed and scattered to the four winds. The current trend in pro Israel sentiments is a complete and utter mystery to this Christian, this has only cropped up in the last 20 years or so... likely less than that. I would really be interested in who started this ridiculous train of thought.

Dram out
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yup.

This rabid pro Israel thing based on Old Testament Mosaic scripture is total bunk. Israel turned its back on God and He allowed them to be destroyed and scattered to the four winds. The current trend in pro Israel sentiments is a complete and utter mystery to this Christian, this has only cropped up in the last 20 years or so... likely less than that. I would really be interested in who started this ridiculous train of thought.

Dram out

The Lord has a way of remembering His chosen people...and blessing those who bless His chosen people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top