Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 6:39:14 PM EDT
Just got the news that a guy who I knew from college, Matty Molnar, who has been studying to be a priest, was killed in a car crash near his seminary in Chicago.  I haven't seen him for years, but I remember many nights playing cards in the lobby with him.

Another seminarian, Jared Cheek, has apparently died from his injuries today.  Two others in the car with them reportedly escaped serious injurly.

Prayers for Matty, Jared, and their families and friends would be appreciated.  Such a loss, for the family and friends and for the Kansas City Archdiocese in Kansas, which has lost two very promising young seminarians.

Jim

Update:  Article in Kansas City Star (registration required, or use Bugmenot.  Death of Jared Cheek, from St. Mary's KS, confirmed in KC Star.  All four in the car were seminarians, and the driver is in police custody on DUI and reckless homicide charges.  How awful...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top