Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:46:55 AM EDT
It amazes me how some people even in truly mind boggling trials are able to stay so steadfast to their faith.  I'm going through a really low point in my life and even though I'm trying to keep it together, I'm just numb.  

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It amazes me how some people even in truly mind boggling trials are able to stay so steadfast to their faith.  I'm going through a really low point in my life and even though I'm trying to keep it together, I'm just numb.  

Patty

Everyone who is human struggles with faith.

A human being can only take so much before they look up at God and ask if He has gone to sleep at the wheel or something.

The last 6 months have been like that for me. One bad thing after another.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
So what do you do to make it through it?  I'm having the same thing.  Just one thing after another.  Last I heard they weren't going to replace the book of JOB with the book of Patty.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
i think i see your problem.

your not letting God do enough in your life.
give your problems to him and let him solve them.
trust in him and use this point in your life as a chance to grow in faith.

sure you still have to do the work.  but let God take the burden and just focus on doing the work
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i think i see your problem.

your not letting God do enough in your life.
give your problems to him and let him solve them.
trust in him and use this point in your life as a chance to grow in faith.

sure you still have to do the work.  but let God take the burden and just focus on doing the work

How?  I've tried, its not working.  Anymore SHTF and I'm going postal.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Hang in there Patty.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#6]
All I can share from my experiences is that people are stronger than they give themselves credit for.  I've experienced and overcome things that at the time, I never thought I would ever survive.  And I went on to be a better and stronger person.  

For whatever reason, we are given such obstacles.  It's difficult not to lose faith.  I think it's natural to question faith in difficult times.  But most obstacles are temporary, not permanent.  

Please let us know if there's anything we can do.  You're a well respected person here and you know pretty much anyone here would do anything in their power to help in some way.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All I can share from my experiences is that people are stronger than they give themselves credit for.  I've experienced and overcome things that at the time, I never thought I would ever survive.  And I went on to be a better and stronger person.  

For whatever reason, we are given such obstacles.  It's difficult not to lose faith.  I think it's natural to question faith in difficult times.  But most obstacles are temporary, not permanent.  

Please let us know if there's anything we can do.  You're a well respected person here and you know pretty much anyone here would do anything in their power to help in some way.

Thank you, I appreciate that.  I'm just trying to keep it together for my kids and its not easy.  I just hope things ease up a little.  I can handle this I guess, I don't want to but it could be worse.  I could be huddled in the Super Dome [or where ever].

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you have a good point sniperx but then again I fel backed into a corner.  My problems:

1:  My kids are getting a lousey education.  The school here does not recognize any of their worths.  My oldest boy is autistic and a genius in math and science but lacks in other area.  Their solution?  Slip him through with a Special Ed diploma - no matter that he gets straight A's in physics and calculas but since he can't pass social studies or english he can't graduate and go to college [we live in a state with SIMs & CAM].  My daughter works hard, gets straight A's on her assignments but fails miserably at her tests - results?  She's barely making grades [she has about a 2.0 gpa].  My youngest just started Kindergarten today.

2:  My husband doesn't support me financially.  I can't survive on the amount of money he gives me.  I need about twice as much but I can't get a job here in this area to save my soul.  I'm a college gradute, I'm a former State Senator, I've worked in Administration and Social Services but I can't even get a job as a secretary's assitant.

3:  I can't afford to leave.  When ever I save just a little money something always comes up and it just costs too much money to move and my family and my husband refuses to help.

So I feel like I'm backed in a wall.  I have to live with a man that refuses to support me and my kids.  I have to live in a town that refuses to properly educate my children and won't give me a job.

And I hate complaining about it.  So some where I have to buck it up, and move on with my miserable life.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It appears that there is a change of scenery needed. I thought OR was a fairly liberal state and
had some programs in the school sytem for autistic children. I know they do here. Sounds as if you
can not get employment there that you should look into moving to greener pastures where
you will have an oppertunity to make for your self. I wont get into personal relationship in the open.
It does look like you have your work cut out for you. Looks like you are between a rock and a hard
place, but the only way may be to move to a more friendly environment, I do not think it is going to
come to you.

You're right.  I tried but I failed and now I'm back trying to make the best of what I have.  I just can't seem to support my kids by myself and I can't stand to see them suffer.

Thank you though for your support.  I'll manage.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]
It's been said that God will not allow you to endure more than you can handle. A better man than I may do everyone a favor and cite scripture to confirm this. Even so, the realization than I will not be challenged with something I am not capable of overcoming has always been a comfort.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Never concede to failure, tomorrow is the first day to the
rest of your life, what you do with it is 80% up to you. Everyone has bad and rough spots, but do not let yourself
get into a rut for too long. Sleep on it and make a plan, even
if it is short term, and stick with it and do something to get there, even if it is a little everyday, but stay focused and once you make a little headway, you will see how much better you will feel. It doesn't have to be a big step, remember we all learned to crawl before we walked.

and keep your head up and smile a little bit.  

Thank you.  I guess I'm just beyond being able to anymore.  I have no idea what to do.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So what do you do to make it through it?  I'm having the same thing.  Just one thing after another.  Last I heard they weren't going to replace the book of JOB with the book of Patty.

Patty

What I have learned is that faith has nothing to do with how we feel or what we see. It has been, and will usually always be in diametric opposition to anything that makes sense. If you look in the Bible, you will find that God never promised anyone anything that made sense.

He always promised things that no ammount of rational thinking could handle. Almost everything He does is outside the boundaries of human reason.

How do you make a nation out of a guy who is 100 and his 90 year old wife who was barren even when she was of child bearing age? That's just plain silly.

And yet that is how He chose to operate.

Faith is believing in God's word even when there is absolutely no rational reason to do so. It is trusting in His way and wisdom even when it seems like the whole world is spinning out of control. It is basing your decisions and actions in life on His faithfulness even when there is no solid tangible evidence in your life that God is showing you any favor or faithfulness whatsoever.

Faith is a tricky thing. It is only truly posessed under fire and truly demonstrated to be faith when any sensible critter would just forget it and move on.

Faith is something you have to fight like hell (pardon the expression) to hold on to, and in the end it is the only thing you can really posess. Circumstances will dictate what happens to you. There isn't much you can do about hitting a deer, crashing, and having your spinal cord severed, parylizing you permanently. (Happened to a wonderful young woman last week...) The only thing you really can do is dig in and hold on to the last thing you really posess: Your faith.

God isn't asleep at the wheel. He has not forgotten you. He has not afflicted you because He is a sadist. He didn't send His Son to a brutal death on the cross just so He could pull the rug out from under you and watch you fall. He didn't bleed for a big practical joke.

God is Faithful and True. Even if I can't point to a lot of evidence of that at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thank you.  I guess I'm just beyond being able to anymore.  I have no idea what to do.  Patty

I can sympathize.

When you reach the end of your rope, the end of your strength and ability, the end of what you can do, that is usually when God does something.

I say this often to people and lately I say it while looking in the mirror a lot:

God hasn't failed anybody in history. If He was going to start, it would be with someone a heck of a lot more important than you....

I know what it is like to feel so opressed you can't even pray. And then to feel the attack of the enemy, screaming "What kind of Christian can't even pray?" I am in that state right now. I get on my knees, but I can't even think of what to say.

I am just speechless.

The only advice I can give you is to be gut level honest with God. Pray exactly what you feel in your heart, but remain respectful. God knows if we are ticked off and confused, so don't pretend not to be.

You are not the first to go through this. I, my family, and several folks at church are going through this stage right now. Job losses, financial disasters, sicknesses, massive family problems, you name it and it is happening to our church. The people are sitting on the pews in a state of shell shock.

This year we had a member almost die on us because of blood clots in the lungs. We prayed earnestly for him, and God healed him. He literally went from the brink of death to being perfectly normal in a matter of a couple of hours, and all the damage to his lungs from years of smoking appears to have completely disappeared. The doctors were amazed.

Since that victory it has been one hit after another on one person after another. I have no idea why.

His ways are higher than mine. His reasons beyond my comprehension.

Incidentally, this is why I get so ticked off whenever I hear someone criticize Christianity because the answers are too "easy".

It is obvious to me that people who say such inane things have never walked the path of Faith. Else they would realize how utterly stupid calling it "easy" is.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Christ, Peter, John, Paul and the other Apostles had it worse and prevailed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I can say without a doubt I'm no way as tough as they were.  I guess I'm pretty much a weenie tot.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quite a few axioms come to mind for you, Patty, and they all come from the same book and it's not the Bible.

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however."

"What the cattipillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly."

"You. Are. Free. To. Do. Whatever. You. Want. To. Do."

The point?

You are the one who is ulitmately in control of your life. You are the only one living in your world. You have the ability to change it. All you have to do is realize that you do, indeed, have the ability. It is just as simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope these will help. I know finding a good Bible beliving Church has helped me alot.
They say the best Christians are the most bruised and battered Christians.
Don't give up on God, He won't give up on you.

1 Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Jam 1:3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  
Jam 1:4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.  

1 Cr 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can say without a doubt I'm no way as tough as they were.  I guess I'm pretty much a weenie tot.  Patty

You're tougher than you think.  When you overcome all of this, and one way or another you will, you will realize that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Patty,
  Remember- you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

I have a mentor who is such a Godly woman, who once shared with me the scripture that says "things which are seen are subject to change".  At the time my teenage daughter had attempted suicide 3x and I didn't know what to do. She explained to me that when things are brought into the light, God is working on them and to hold on and let Him work. Today my daughter is married, raising 2 beautiful children and will be teaching a class at her church this fall, she is very warm and loving and she makes people feel so comfortable around her. God worked through her issues because her pain came into the light.

Perhaps the Lord has brought to light the changes needed in your school, your financial situation and your lack of support from your husband because He is working on them. Hold on and let Him do all He wants since He has your very best interests at heart. No one loves you as much as He does and like your love for your children, He loves you so much more!  Try to get into the Word as much as possible, sing your praises to Him and let Him know you trust Him. You will make it!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Smarts and determination.

I made it through illness, abject poverty and the deaths of loved ones with those two simple tools. Smarts help you understand that you're not unique, bad things happen to everyone, and with that determination to overcome, things will improve.

Faith don't hurt any, but it's YOU that pulls you through. Think about it like this....God designed us to do exactly that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#26]
At times when I felt like I was hanging by the last thread Romans 8:28 kept me going.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

In those times when I don't understand what's going on, I don't like what's going on, and I don't see any good on the horizon, I know I can trust His faithfulness.

Imagine how Joseph felt when his brothers threw him into a pit and sold him into slavery.  Then he was falsely accused and tossed into prison.  Things seemed pretty dark.  However, he was later raised to be in charge of Egypt, second only to Pharaoh himself.  Being in that position he was able to save the fledgling nation of Israel.

I imagine he had some tough thoughts over time.  When you read the story in Genesis you see him yank his brothers' chains a bit.  However, in the end he tells them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God?  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them. (Gen 50:19-21).

Also, keep in mind that in the Bible it says repeatedly, "...and it came to pass..."  It never says, "And it came to stay."

Hang in there.  We're all pulling for you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank you everyone, I appreciate your support.  I'll look up these scriptures today as well. I've decided to stop my complaining and just make the best of a bad situation AGAIN!  I had decided to do that when I went to the school yesterday but then they started slinging mud at me and I crumbled.  I am very prideful, which I know isn't a good thing.  I've worked hard to make myself more than what my parents expected of me and I am proud of that.  

Patty
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#29]

the trials are what build faith.  I've been going through a lot lately too, Patty.  I've been praying for you and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Pray without ceasing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I had decided to do that when I went to the school yesterday but then they started slinging mud at me and I crumbled.

OH!  I'M PO'd NOW!  They can't sling mud and get away with it!!  You need an advocate.  Someone who knows the law and parent's rights that will help you defend yourself.  They will go to meetings with you and everything.  Parent's have rights and alot of power that most don't know about.

Find an advocate in you area here.

Maybe they have free lawyers too?? When you get an advocate you can stick it to them!

Shok
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had decided to do that when I went to the school yesterday but then they started slinging mud at me and I crumbled.

OH!  I'M PO'd NOW!  They can't sling mud and get away with it!!  You need an advocate.  Someone who knows the law and parent's rights that will help you defend yourself.  They will go to meetings with you and everything.  Parent's have rights and alot of power that most don't know about.

Maybe they have free lawyers too?? When you get an advocate you can stick it to them!

Shok

I am actually one of the originators of Oregon Parent's United. You can see my age old plight with this school district in some of original articles written by the organization.

Patty
PS thank you for your support.  I'm done fighting.  What will happen, will happen.  I doubt I'll have much positive say in it and I can't afford an attorney.  My oldest boy has been accepted to college as a Math Major [pretty good for a kid with a 'low IQ' according to my school] and will start classes in September.  My daughter has a long uphill climb but I'll help her.  I'm really afraid for my youngest as he has just began.  But maybe God's graces will prevail for him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#33]

I guess I'm preaching to the choir.

Shok
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shok

I hear that. Years ago when I was home schooled, my parents paid money into the "Home School Legal Defense Fund". What a deal! When the school district starting threatening my folks with legal action for pulling me out of school, they got a nasty gram on an attorney's letterhead. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Hang in there, Patty.

When we come to the end of all we can do, there is a wonderful opportunity for God to show Himself strong on our behalf.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Also, keep in mind that in the Bible it says repeatedly, "...and it came to pass..."  It never says, "And it came to stay."

1+
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Patty, here is a link for you.

www.passionup.com/fun/fun4528.htm?e=louiseungro@hotmail&f=froggi%

Psalm 37:3
Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Smarts and determination.

I made it through illness, abject poverty and the deaths of loved ones with those two simple tools. Smarts help you understand that you're not unique, bad things happen to everyone, and with that determination to overcome, things will improve.

Faith don't hurt any, but it's YOU that pulls you through. Think about it like this....God designed us to do exactly that.

A Big +1

A Big +2

... It's so true, it's YOU that pulls you through
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm doing better.  I hate being depressed so I'm trying not to dwell on the things I can't change.

If I work at it today, I might just be able to crack a smile.  That's my goal.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm doing better.  I hate being depressed so I'm trying not to dwell on the things I can't change.

If I work at it today, I might just be able to crack a smile.  That's my goal.

Patty

Now you are cooking with gas

Okay, that made me smile! Patty
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Hang in there, Patty.  You are a good person and I pray that God helps you with these circumstances.  Try to live every day the best you can.  Things will change.  I have mentioned before that I am a Catholic (spiritually) Buddhist (philosophically.)  Some Buddhist philosophy has strengthened my faith in God and helped me understand life better.  I hope this quote helps:

Impermanence
-- Thich Nhat Hanh

"Nothing remains the same for two consecutive moments. Heraclitus said we can never bathe twice in the same river. Confucius, while looking at a stream, said, "It is always flowing, day and night." The Buddha implored us not just to talk about impermanence, but to use it as an instrument to help us penetrate deeply into reality and obtain liberating insight. We may be tempted to say that because things are impermanent, there is suffering. But the Buddha encouraged us to look again. Without impermanence, life is not possible. How can we transform our suffering if things are not impermanent? How can our daughter grow up into a beautiful young lady? How can the situation in the world improve? We need impermanence for social justice and for hope.

If you suffer, it is not because things are impermanent. It is because you believe things are permanent. When a flower dies, you don't suffer much, because you understand that flowers are impermanent. But you cannot accept the impermanence of your beloved one, and you suffer deeply when she passes away.

If you look deeply into impermanence, you will do your best to make her happy right now. Aware of impermanence, you become positive, loving and wise. Impermanence is good news. Without impermanence, nothing would be possible. With impermanence, every door is open for change. Impermanence is an instrument for our liberation. "

May God bless you - may you be well, happy, and at peace.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#43]
A bit of good news.

The woman I mentioned with a severed spine earlier? She has regained feeling in her lower body, and was able to sit up under her own power yesterday. Test results now show that her spine isn't severed, but is bruised.

Tests done after the accident showed that her spine was severed. Docs told her she wouldn't walk again.

She is gaining strength daily and hopes to get completely out of bed very soon.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:07:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
A bit of good news.

The woman I mentioned with a severed spine earlier? She has regained feeling in her lower body, and was able to sit up under her own power yesterday. Test results now show that her spine isn't severed, but is bruised.

Tests done after the accident showed that her spine was severed. Docs told her she wouldn't walk again.

She is gaining strength daily and hopes to get completely out of bed very soon.

WOW!!!  (Sending credit where it is due! )
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#45]
That is awesome news John_Wayne777.  lefinstructor Thank you, the simplicity of what buddah is saying is pretty neat.  I've always wondered how they were inspired considering they had such [seemingly] isolated lives.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Like most of you, I've been through some pretty bleak times. Years ago, my wife and I worked for her father and because of a scandal, he put a .30-06 to his chin and removed his head. WE found his body. It went downhild after that. We lost our jobs and my wife was 6 months pregnant with our 1st child. Then, he came almost 2 months early. The trials went on and on and on. I'll NEVER forget 1995. But things got better. None of it was God's fault. I wondered sometimes how bad it would get, but I never blamed The Lord. People have the freedom to exercize their own choices. And part of that freedom is suffering the consequences of those choices (whether they were yours, or someone else's). It's all part of God's PERFECT plan. It may not seem that way right now, but when it's all over, you'll see that it's true. Also, we have opportunities to learn and grow during tough times. The challenges of life are what define the soul. Obviously, those are are looting and shooting at rescuers in N.O. are defining themselves and will suffer the consequences for that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Red_Label you make a good point and luckily I've never been so 'despaired that I didn't know and realize that things could be a lot worse.  

I'm having a tough time right now.  Mostly because I'm proud and I hate to admit I have problems.  Who's fault is that?  Yep, mine.  I've never gotten really mad at Lord but I have to admit there's been times it doesn't feel as if he's listening?

I hated it this past winter when I had breast cancer and was going for treatments daily.  I was sick and the home front wasn't very supportive and I felt pretty dang sorry for myself yet there were others there's giving me a clear message that things could be a lot worse.  My cancer wasn't fun but it was caught early.  My recovery rate at that point was 100% there were others dying.  It's was only a little comfort when what I really wanted was some one to put their arm around me, let me sob a little and tell me things will be all right.  Luckily I was able to do that for myself and am doing so now.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for sharing your feelings Patty. I'm sorry that your family wasn't very supportive. You went through some tough times no doubt. You seem to have the right attitude about it all. Yes, tough times will occasionally make you wonder if God is busy with other things, but in the end you'll realize that he's always there. It is WE who sometimes are not there with God. Keep your chin up. People (family members) sometimes get so busy with their personal lives that they don't take the time to help each other share the burden. But when it comes down to it, all we have it each other and it all gets put in perspective through the hard times.

And my bit about "choices" was targeted at those who've either created their own problems, or who've been wronged because of the choices of others. (Both of which probably include all of us.) We sometimes get to thinking we our choices only affect us, but in reality the old cliche about a pebble being dropped in a lake is very true. Most of what we choose to do effects someone in some way. Hopefully most of that will be good. God bless and keep going for those checkups in the future. I know many people who've had cancer and as we all know, early detection is THE KEY to making it survivable. I remind my best friend about that all the time as I make sure that she schedules her twice yearly appointments like clockwork. She has lost two family members to cancer and her and her sister have had it once already.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
 It's was only a little comfort when what I really wanted was some one to put their arm around me, let me sob a little and tell me things will be all right.  
Patty

That's what we're (virtually) here for.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 It's was only a little comfort when what I really wanted was some one to put their arm around me, let me sob a little and tell me things will be all right.  
Patty

That's what we're (virtually) here for.  

Thank you, I appreciate it.  I had a rough day Monday but things are lookin up.  I'm a happy go lucky person by nature so I try not to stay down for long.

Red_Label will do.  My cancer was found because of a mamogram and now I have them every 3 months.

Patty
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top