Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 4:42:56 PM EDT

I'd like to learn "some" Hebrew to help with study of the Bible.

Does anyone know of a good manual, book, or other aid in studying Hebrew?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

You want to learn Hebrew, the first thing to avoid would be something along the lines of Strong hebrew concordance. Go to an ORTHODOX Synogougue around where you live and ask who is giving lessons. Dont know where you love but chances are you will find someone who is, and they could use the money. (sometimes it will be a class, not one on one, so it is rather inexpensive.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just as an example, my son just had his Barmitzvah, including Shacharit,  Torah Service, and Musaf and the readings from the Torah...it took him 7 years of religious school and 9 months of tutoring for his service....hwww.rosettastone.com/home they also have a program for learning Hebrew. Works on the PC. It has not arrived yet so I don't know how effective it is...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks guys I'll check both out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top