Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 10:37:22 AM EDT
OK, I know by the posts some of you make that you are committed Christians.
Who among you will affirm this?

God Bless you.

2 Thess1:11 Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, 12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Christian here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Romans 8:1-2) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

and for those who have not received Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, I prey you do. Christ is real, Heaven is real and Hell is real. Jesus Died for our sins, sin which we were all born into.

Romans 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 3:16) For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For those who would argue this point, I did not post it to debate but only to share the truth
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Jesus is my Bro, man.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
For by Grace are we saved, not by works, lest any man should boast. I am a Christian
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For by Grace are we saved, not by works, lest any man should boast. I am a Christian

Same  here. Saved by Grace. I didnt deserve it, I didnt want it, I did nothing to cause it. It was all Gods chosing and I thank Him daily for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Born again Christian.  Praise God!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same  here. Saved by Grace. I didnt deserve it, I didnt want it, I did nothing to cause it. It was all Gods chosing and I thank Him daily for it.

Once again what you say is extremely reasonable and clear, so I choose your post for the obligatory....

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Come on. Read the announcement at the top of this page-Aimless
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe in the Son too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Your BELIEFS are yours........ I believe in the sun.

So why exactly are you posting in a CLEARLY Christian Thread?

I think I saw the Ra thread 2 doors down......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Galatians 6:14 "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 Saved by faith.  Thank you, Jesus!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#15]
By God's Grace I'm a Christian.

Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.  

Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:15:36 AM EDT
[#16]
He is mine and I am His.

Walking in grace...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I still don't feel like I deserve His grace.  I utterly fail on so many occasions.  Blessed be His name.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I still don't feel like I deserve His grace.  I utterly fail on so many occasions.  Blessed be His name.

That's the amazing thing about it.

We don't and can't deserve it.  It's humbling to consider the contrast between justice (what we deserve) and grace (the mercy He gives us).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Amen
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Pink is the only color I could find.  Doesn't make it any less true though.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Jesus is Lord. Amen!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Jesus is my:
Teacher
High Priest
Savior
Master
King
Creator
Lord
God
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Many churches will try to teach you that you did something to deserve it, but its all of grace.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#24]
"I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation, he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen."

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Galatians 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#26]
"Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Sadly, I fufill all prerequisites to being a born again Christian except for "that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you...". To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever known me for a day and said "there's a Christian". I sin enough so repeatedly and publicly, that no stranger could ever "know me by my fruits". The best I get is "he's a swell guy and a patriot". Not bad, but below the mark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top