Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 1:39:07 PM EDT
She's the one who picked the apple!  She's the one who gave it to Adam!  He didn't know it was forbidden!  

And yet he still takes all the blame.  It's just not fair I tell ya.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well yeah... duh....it's always the woman's fault.  From Day One.

And still do they listen?  Nope.    

And do we always pay for it?  Yup.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well yeah... duh....it's always the woman's fault.  From Day One.

And still do they listen?  Nope.    

And do we always pay for it?  Yup.

We're still stupid enough to eat the bad fruit they offer us.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
    Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Am I reading this right?  Adam was there and watched her take and eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge?  He also willingly eat the fruit.   She was deceived and Adam was neglectful to allow this.  They both are to blame I think.

Shok
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
    Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Am I reading this right?  Adam was there and watched her take and eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge?  He also willingly eat the fruit.   She was deceived and Adam was neglectful to allow this.  They both are to blame I think.

Shok

Genesis 3 outlines a model of behavior for man, woman, and satan that we all still follow today.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
It's God's fault, he made the apple
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Eve took the fruit because she wanted to futher god's plan for us.  For us to be fruitful and multiply.

Adam took the fruit because he wanted to do the lords work and obey his commandment of being fruitful and multiply.  Plus he didn't want to be alone in, J/K.

Eve know exactly what she was doing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you people realize that this is the only system in which the serpent is not seen as a symbol of wisdom?

Have you ever taken into account the name of the tree from which the apple came? It was the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (emphasis mine). This implies a few things, chief among them being that they were prior to this ignorant. It also implies that they actually learned some things upon eating that apple. They learned the difference. They looked around and realized they were different from the plants and animals. They looked at each other and saw that they were different from each other. They looked at God and saw a huge difference. How could they stay in a place in which everything is meant to be whole, where there is no difference when they knew otherwise? They couldn't. And so they fell.

In Buddhist mythology, it is said that Nirvana is guarded by two figures. One represents fear, and the other ignorance. It is said that the Garden of Eden is similarly guarded by two angels. Get over your fear and your ignorance, and you're back in.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If EVe would have stayed in the kitchen then none of this would have happened.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Shok

Eve was deceived but Adam willfully disobeyed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do you people realize that this is the only system in which the serpent is not seen as a symbol of wisdom?

Have you ever taken into account the name of the tree from which the apple came? It was the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (emphasis mine). This implies a few things, chief among them being that they were prior to this ignorant. It also implies that they actually learned some things upon eating that apple. They learned the difference. They looked around and realized they were different from the plants and animals. They looked at each other and saw that they were different from each other. They looked at God and saw a huge difference. How could they stay in a place in which everything is meant to be whole, where there is no difference when they knew otherwise? They couldn't. And so they fell.

In Buddhist mythology, it is said that Nirvana is guarded by two figures. One represents fear, and the other ignorance. It is said that the Garden of Eden is similarly guarded by two angels. Get over your fear and your ignorance, and you're back in.

'us people' *do* realize that you are, quite honestlky, full of it.

Gnosticism is a really pretty, well-manicured road to Hell.

Don't say we didn't warn you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Adam did not take the leadership responsibility that was his.

Who knows what might have happened if he had corrected Eve's disobedience on the spot?

However, they both ate, and we have our first example of redirection.

Adam pointed his finger at Eve and said, "The woman you gave me...", and Eve tried to blame it on the serpent.  Mankind has been trying to avoid individual accountability ever since.

As for the Judeo-Christian tradition being the only one that portrays the "serpent" as evil, and all other belief systems venerating the "wise, old snake", I do believe that is worthy of note.  Especially from the perspective of Christianity being Truth.

If you were exposed as being a scheming, underhanded father of lies and evil, wouldn't you want to do some PR to counter that?  That's what satan has done in all those other religions.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#12]
EVE WAS FRAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'us people' *do* realize that you are, quite honestlky, full of it.

Gnosticism is a really pretty, well-manicured road to Hell.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

+1
i thought it was new age thinking myself,
i will have to go look up gnosticism.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top