Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 1:26:41 PM EDT

I really need His guidance with a job opportunity coming up.  I really don't want to shoot myself in the foot.  But then, someone once told me that "God isn't going to do for you what He knows you (are perfectly able of doing) can do for yourself."
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.  There is certainly nothing wrong with asking God's help in making major decisions.  May God bless you with the wisdom and guidance to make a wise choice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
on its way
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I really need His guidance with a job opportunity coming up.  I really don't want to shoot myself in the foot.  But then, someone once told me that "God isn't going to do for you what He knows you (are perfectly able of doing) can do for yourself."

I believe that as our Heavenly Father, He wants to do things for us.  Our part is to walk as best we can in the path He leads us on in life.

Take the step.  

If it's His will, the door will be opened.

If it's not, look forward to whatever good thing He has in store (kind of like the anticipation of a kid on Christmas morning! )
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in the same boat, and yesterday I just prayed that the Holy Spirit would guide my words, let the interviewers find favor with me if that's God's will, and that if I get the job I would perform it well to glorify God. Everything we do should have that aim.

Good luck. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am in the same boat, and yesterday I just prayed that the Holy Spirit would guide my words, let the interviewers find favor with me if that's God's will, and that if I get the job I would perform it well to glorify God. Everything we do should have that aim.

Good luck. Prayers sent.

Amen , good luck to you too.  And thanks to the rest of you as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top